DNA Food Intolerance and Allergy Testing, has anyone actually tried these?

Found 12th Jul 2011
Groupon have these on offer today. Has anyone actually tried them and found them useful?
Community Updates
MiscFood
13 Comments
I remember Watchdog doing a piece on how these were completely wrong with their results http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/02/food_intolerance_test.html

There is no need to pay anything for one anyway...........go to your doctors and they can do all the tests properly for freeeeeeeee.
Never tried this before... BUT, speaking from a scientific point of view, there is NOTHING in your DNA that will tell you or anyone if you are food intolerant.

The only real test would be to do the patch test on the skin. So in my opinion, I would say save your money!
Not tried this test but my friends son had a patch test done as he kept being sick and it was amazing what he was allergic to and as the others say free via your doctors.Remember if you drink to much on a Friday night when you wake up on Saturday how you feel has nothing to do with been allergic to alcohol and no your not starting with flu
Having been on holiday and eating different food I felt so much better, now I am back home I feel horrid bad stomach etc. I have thought for a while it may be a food thing but would like to find out more.

I don't drink so I know its not that!

The test on groupon uses strands of hair.
Edited by: "bluebindy123" 12th Jul 2011
how much is the test?

i had a blood one done at the hospital. came backwith a few things i should avoid.
krazie2004

Never tried this before... BUT, speaking from a scientific point of view, … Never tried this before... BUT, speaking from a scientific point of view, there is NOTHING in your DNA that will tell you or anyone if you are food intolerant.The only real test would be to do the patch test on the skin. So in my opinion, I would say save your money!

I would think that there would be tell tale signs in a persons DNA, as long as they know where to look. Personally I think most of these Groupon/KGB deals are hyped up rrp scams.
bluebindy123

Having been on holiday and eating different food I felt so much better, … Having been on holiday and eating different food I felt so much better, now I am back home I feel horrid bad stomach etc. I have thought for a while it may be a food thing but would like to find out more.I don't drink so I know its not that!The test on groupon uses strands of hair.

My hayfever clears up when I'm on holiday, reason to emmigrate I think
That's a pain in the backside... on several accounts.

Josh
Patch test through your doctor is the only way to go.
Hubby did it and it came up as cats.
Took me a while to decide, whether to get rid of hubby or the cat.

cherishu2

Patch test through your doctor is the only way to go. Hubby did it and it … Patch test through your doctor is the only way to go. Hubby did it and it came up as cats.Took me a while to decide, whether to get rid of hubby or the cat.

I would have kept the cat!

My doctors don't do patch tests. The one I am looking at is the one on groupon today.
these tests are great and really good value.

Mine told I was allergic to jinis and it was completely true!,,,because jini have the human race and evil but this have appeared to help in life when we only know limited amount forever,,,but not for fire which known to be not true jini
my son had the skin test but couldnt get it very accurate as he was 3! so they did a blood test on him (bless!) and got accurate results. he's allergic to loads! poor mite
numptyj

these tests are great and really good value.Mine told I was allergic to … these tests are great and really good value.Mine told I was allergic to jinis and it was completely true!,,,because jini have the human race and evil but this have appeared to help in life when we only know limited amount forever,,,but not for fire which known to be not true jini

Mine told me I was allergic to fire, low and behold it was right, money well spent
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions