Groups

Do...

posties work on christmas eve?

i have a special delivery sent today, but was just wondering if it will come tommorow?

20 Comments

What have you ordered
    Nothing dirty I hope

yes they do

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;3849161

What have you ordered :pNothing dirty I hope

psp of wanny1 lol

dean3988;3849196

psp of wanny1 lol

With.....:whistling:

my postie actually said to me 'hope i see you tomorrow'

shanecr;3849212

Which postie did you get :thinking:

shanecr;3849212

When was that?

dontdothatagain;3849241

Which postie did you get :thinking:

our usual postie Joe. very reliable, friendly, our dog loves him! we bought him a box of whiskey chocs for xmas

chesso;3849319

When was that?

that was today. he commented that there was very little post today but reckons it will be busy tomorrow as Edinburgh sorting office is in a state and bogged up with plenty to get sorted.

OP : posties work on christmas eve?i have a special delivery sent today, … OP : posties work on christmas eve?i have a special delivery sent today, but was just wondering if it will come tommorow?

I was kinda curious about that myself when I went to the post office today. Asked to post something Next Day Special Delivery (Wednesday being a normal working day) and was told and it may get delivered tomorrow but it wasnt guaranteed!!! I was like wtf? Lady at the Post Office counter had been advised to instruct people that some Next Day Special Deliverys were being given a guaranteed delivery date of up to the 29th Dec, and that was me posting mines today Next Special Delivery. Feel as tho I've been fleeced out of £8....

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;3849449

I was kinda curious about that myself when I went to the post office … I was kinda curious about that myself when I went to the post office today. Asked to post something Next Day Special Delivery (Wednesday being a normal working day) and was told and it may get delivered tomorrow but it wasnt guaranteed!!! I was like wtf? Lady at the Post Office counter had been advised to instruct people that some Next Day Special Deliverys were being given a guaranteed delivery date of up to the 29th Dec, and that was me posting mines today Next Special Delivery. Feel as tho I've been fleeced out of £8....

WTF!

Special Deliveries posted today ARE guaranteed for tomorrow.

shanecr;3849403

our usual postie Joe. very reliable, friendly, our dog loves him! we … our usual postie Joe. very reliable, friendly, our dog loves him! we bought him a box of whiskey chocs for xmasthat was today. he commented that there was very little post today but reckons it will be busy tomorrow as Edinburgh sorting office is in a state and bogged up with plenty to get sorted.

I see :thumbsup: My senses began to tingle because usually posties don't actually hope to see the people that they're delivering to!!:thumbsup: The Whiskey chocs would be the answer.
    I would have thought that you'd have some sort of ninja-based plan to sort out that sorting office as a public service.:-D

LJM;3849525

:thumbsup:

indeed they are.

dean3988;3849469

WTF!

Tell me about it and I still had to pay the same price as well.

Chances are that you will get your Special Delivery as its a premium. Post is, or should be as normal tomorrow tho as its still a working day. But given that it will be one of the most busiest, RM are obviously not going to guarantee next day delivery even if you pay for it. A bit pants really.

chesso;3849540

I see :thumbsup: My senses began to tingle because usually posties don't … I see :thumbsup: My senses began to tingle because usually posties don't actually hope to see the people that they're delivering to!!:thumbsup: The Whiskey chocs would be the answer.I would have thought that you'd have some sort of ninja-based plan to sort out that sorting office as a public service.:-D

lmao. well our postie always says hello, he is at our door every day except sundays :-D
    we get a LOT of post (damn deals :p)
    plus i mentioned i am still waiting on a parcel so i think he was referring he sees me to give me the parcel (a gift for the gf)

Original Poster

shanecr;3849556

lmao. well our postie always says hello, he is at our door every day … lmao. well our postie always says hello, he is at our door every day except sundays :-Dwe get a LOT of post (damn deals :p)plus i mentioned i am still waiting on a parcel so i think he was referring he sees me to give me the parcel (a gift for the gf)

oh i bet he LOVES you

shanecr;3849556

lmao. well our postie always says hello, he is at our door every day … lmao. well our postie always says hello, he is at our door every day except sundays :-Dwe get a LOT of post (damn deals :p)plus i mentioned i am still waiting on a parcel so i think he was referring he sees me to give me the parcel (a gift for the gf)

OK, all good there then ( except the vast on-line expenditure):thumbsup: Hope it's something really nice for the G/F. It's got to be tomorrow hasn't it.
    I'll keep my eye out for anything that needs a combined cunning plan. Meanwhile for everyone on this thread.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/Christmas%202008/glitteryMerryChristmas2.gif

LJM;3849525

Well that's what they say but they don't always keep their word.

dean3988;3849576

oh i bet he LOVES you

lol when he always has a smile...maybe he just polite? gave us gifts for the kids so i think he does

chesso;3849589

OK, all good there then ( except the vast on-line expenditure):thumbsup: … OK, all good there then ( except the vast on-line expenditure):thumbsup: Hope it's something really nice for the G/F. It's got to be tomorrow hasn't it.I'll keep my eye out for anything that needs a combined cunning plan. Meanwhile for everyone on this thread.

balaclavas and an xray
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767360
      2. love affairs2059
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61480
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2150

See more discussions