Groups

Do all Xiaomi Redmi phones suffer from bootloop?

I have a Redmi 3S and it bootloops everytime phone is switched off/on and when it needs to reboot after updating so returning it. I would like to buy another Redmi version due to long battery.

15 Comments

nope, I have a Redmi Note 3 pro and never happened to me

Original Poster

bluecityste

nope, I have a Redmi Note 3 pro and never happened to me

Thanks

Yes, they all just bootloop, loads of people buy them because they love bootloops.

Are you on official software or some crappy vendor rom full of bugs that the seller loaded on.

Did you verify the IMEI number with Xiaomi after purchase?? You might have a fake, and that is causing the issues with it - the ROM update wont work with the REAL hardware.
    (They stick a fake profile into the fake phone ROM, so even basic hardware scanners report the specs as correct, I had this with a Lenovo phone about 5 years ago).

I haven't had this issue, I've noticed on the ROM I have if I changed the theme then the phone will restart, after about 5 mins. I think it's a known bug, but I use angel vs demon ROM and not MIUI EU or global

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Yes, they all just bootloop, loads of people buy them because they love … Yes, they all just bootloop, loads of people buy them because they love bootloops.Are you on official software or some crappy vendor rom full of bugs that the seller loaded on.

Not sure. Bought off ebay and when I update in the settings it seems fine but then requires reboot which then leads Mi logo nonstop. Then when I have had enough and press power+volume down it finally comes on and update has failed.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Did you verify the IMEI number with Xiaomi after purchase?? You might … Did you verify the IMEI number with Xiaomi after purchase?? You might have a fake, and that is causing the issues with it - the ROM update wont work with the REAL hardware.(They stick a fake profile into the fake phone ROM, so even basic hardware scanners report the specs as correct, I had this with a Lenovo phone about 5 years ago).

When I do 'verify phone purchase' it comes up something like 'red 16gb redmis 3s grey' which is weird as two colours. But mine is grey so.....For the 'Product Authentication' I can't do as this phone doesn't have or doesn't come with security code (I googled and it says as this phone is released in India it doesn't have one?).

Original Poster

christopheshort1

I haven't had this issue, I've noticed on the ROM I have if I changed the … I haven't had this issue, I've noticed on the ROM I have if I changed the theme then the phone will restart, after about 5 mins. I think it's a known bug, but I use angel vs demon ROM and not MIUI EU or global

I think I read somewhere that changing the Google settings causes this bootloop but I don't remember changing the settings.

I've had 5 xiaomi phones and never had a bootloop

I'm guessing a faulty phone, I have had my old Note 3G forever, over the years it has updated hundreds of times (I was on the Beta Program, so had weekly ROM updates), and never had a boot loop.

whoMODStheMODS

When I do 'verify phone purchase' it comes up something like 'red 16gb … When I do 'verify phone purchase' it comes up something like 'red 16gb redmis 3s grey' which is weird as two colours. But mine is grey so.....For the 'Product Authentication' I can't do as this phone doesn't have or doesn't come with security code (I googled and it says as this phone is released in India it doesn't have one?).

​Yes explains it from India good luck try changing the software

Original Poster

Qrunch

I've had 5 xiaomi phones and never had a bootloop

Gentle_Giant

I'm guessing a faulty phone, I have had my old Note 3G forever, over the … I'm guessing a faulty phone, I have had my old Note 3G forever, over the years it has updated hundreds of times (I was on the Beta Program, so had weekly ROM updates), and never had a boot loop.

Thanks.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

I'm guessing a faulty phone, I have had my old Note 3G forever, over the … I'm guessing a faulty phone, I have had my old Note 3G forever, over the years it has updated hundreds of times (I was on the Beta Program, so had weekly ROM updates), and never had a boot loop.

Thanks. Got it from Ebay UK but I think this phone was only released in India.

whoMODStheMODS

Thanks. Got it from Ebay UK but I think this phone was only released in … Thanks. Got it from Ebay UK but I think this phone was only released in India.

They sell these all over the world, but India is the biggest market, and setting "India" as the location (on earlier models) enabled apps and functions that werent included for locations outside of India - not sure if this is still true.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

They sell these all over the world, but India is the biggest market, and … They sell these all over the world, but India is the biggest market, and setting "India" as the location (on earlier models) enabled apps and functions that werent included for locations outside of India - not sure if this is still true.

Thanks. Ive send it back but would have tried it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2458
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767297
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846374
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***721

See more discussions