Posted 20th Dec 2022
Hello. I recently bought two identical Freesat boxes, one from Amazon and one from eBay. One was supposed to be a present for my parents but they decided to renew their Sky, so I need to send the Amazon one back (will be free return vs paid return with eBay). However, now that I've taken the boxes out they have mingled and I don't know which one came from Amazon! Can I send either back? Or will they scan and realise the serial number is different (in 50/50 chance I send back wrong one)? I messaged the eBay seller to ask if he knew the serial of the one he sent but unfortunately did not.

Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Ask them in the help section and they'll quickly tell you. Let me know as I want to know too.
  2. Avatar
    They don't check the contents of the box!
  3. Avatar
    For most products no.
  4. Avatar
    As @CockneyHarry says. They don't even check the contents.

I've sent things back and didn't realise that I've not included cables/accessories in the return. Nothing ever came of them.
    I ordered a guitar with some accessories via the warehouse for £50.

Upon opening the box found that the stand and spare strings weren't present. Got on to the live chat and said look, i don't need the hassle of a return and you don't need the hassle of having an item back that you can't resell as it has items missing. Bit of back and forth and eventually got £25 account credit from them, as you can imagine i was rather pleased with the outcome!

I think their turnover is that astronomical they simply don't care enough to check items that are returned, even those that they then resell via the warehouse.
  5. Avatar
    The box will have the seriel number... if not, then worry not.
    Anonymous User
    Even if they have a serial number listed, doesn't mean it's the right one. I bought a Pixel phone from them, and the serial number on my account doesn't match anything on the box.
  6. Avatar
    Just send it back. Will probably end up in a huge hole in their back garden with all the other returned iMac's, gtx 4080's, etc etc.
  7. Avatar
    Not another one
  8. Avatar
    I returned a GoPro hero 9 recently to Amazon and the box got wet and the serial code sticker smudged (pretty badly) when I wiped the box dry. I got my refund back with no issue. Box was unopened.

So they didn't read the serial number on this item when it returned.
  9. Avatar
    Any answer?
Top Merchants