Do Amazon deliberately delay orders if you don't have Prime?

Found 27th Feb 2016
Probably old news, but just wondering?
Seems orders not placed with prime take forever to arrive, had a recent order pending dispatch for 3 days then another 3 days to arrive, never use to be like this.
Just wondering if this is a ploy to get everyone to join prime?

20 Comments

cycleman

...Seems orders not placed with prime take forever to arrive, had a … ...Seems orders not placed with prime take forever to arrive, had a recent order pending dispatch for 3 days then another 3 days to arrive, never use to be like this. Just wondering if this is a ploy to get everyone to join prime?

Are your orders being delivered by the Amazon Logistics network, by the Royal Mail, or another service?

yes they do. Ordered a firestick on their black Friday deal and was given 5 days for delivery.
Soon the stock started getting low and they kept on pushing my delivery date. In the end, got it after 2 weeks but
I also got £5 compensation for the delays.

Original Poster

fanpages

Are your orders being delivered by the Amazon Logistics network, by the … Are your orders being delivered by the Amazon Logistics network, by the Royal Mail, or another service?

Their logistics I think?

maybe as more people take up Prime

they are paying for an expedited service and therefore should get priority over delivery and stock

EliTom

I don't have Prime. Ordered three items on Monday, one arrived Tuesday, the other two Wednesday. All were due 3-5 days due on Friday. Not the first time items have been delivered next day either.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 27th Feb 2016

I ordered a game the other day, non-prime. And got it really fast, 1 or 2 days, on free super-saver. So there are probably other factors to consider.

cycleman

...Seems orders not placed with prime take forever to arrive, had a … ...Seems orders not placed with prime take forever to arrive, had a recent order pending dispatch for 3 days then another 3 days to arrive, never use to be like this. Just wondering if this is a ploy to get everyone to join prime?

fanpages

Are your orders being delivered by the Amazon Logistics network, by the … Are your orders being delivered by the Amazon Logistics network, by the Royal Mail, or another service?

cycleman

Their logistics I think?

(All sentences within the "Ask" Forum do not need to end with a question mark)

Unless you know for sure, & given that Amazon (UK) have no control over the Royal Mail, then it is difficult to suggest if the delivery network is intentionally working through higher priority (Prime) deliveries, or whether the 1-3 days quoted by standard Royal Mail services is taking half of the time before your order arrives.

Original Poster

cycleman

fanpages

cycleman

Their logistics I think?

?;)

When I feed the birds they look at me funny.

Amazon deliberately withholding deliveries, therefore impacting on their massive and hugely complex logistical machine?

Have a day off.

Original Poster

willhay555

When I feed the birds they look at me funny.Amazon deliberately … When I feed the birds they look at me funny.Amazon deliberately withholding deliveries, therefore impacting on their massive and hugely complex logistical machine?Have a day off.

Thank you, I'm off today, still suspicious this is a ploy to make you get Prime:D
Edited by: "cycleman" 27th Feb 2016

cycleman

Thank you, I'm off today, still suspicious this is a ploy to make you get … Thank you, I'm off today, still suspicious this is a ploy to make you get Prime:D

but those who take up and pay for Prime should not get a preferential service?

EliTom

Original Poster

elitom

but those who take up and pay for Prime should not get a preferential … but those who take up and pay for Prime should not get a preferential service?EliTom

Absolutely, but would this automatically make the standard service worse, surely if a subscription is being paid it shouldn't affect non prime purchases.

Never had a problem myself with long delivery times, I don't have prime

cycleman

Absolutely, but would this automatically make the standard service worse, … Absolutely, but would this automatically make the standard service worse, surely if a subscription is being paid it shouldn't affect non prime purchases.

yes ! .... when you know how the logistics process works ...

was your item a free delivery over £20 item?

EliTom

the don't do it intentionally as it causes chaos inside the warehouse, during big sales periods they bring in extra staff to fulfill the orders but the courier company's don't send extra trucks to pick up the extra orders so you end up having to dispatch priority orders first so prime, next day or first class become priority and the rest sit in cages until there's space on the truck.

it's always comes down to royal mail not having and extra trucks to send for the overflow

I use to work for Amazon as a dispatcher BTW

Original Poster

tj19990

I use to work for Amazon as a dispatcher BTW

Thank you, makes sense now.

I haven't got Prime. I ordered a small item last Sunday at about 11am and chose the 3-5 days free delivery.

I was pleasantly amazed when it arrived on Monday morning, less than 24 hours from ordering on a Sunday. Delivered by Amazon Logistics.

My experience is no. Sometimes they arrive Next Day or sometimes 5 days later. I think they have advanced logistics that fit you in where and when to save them money.

i did feel it was taking longer when the prime push and £20 minimum came in. but then the other day i got something the next day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants