Do Amazon have special discounts for Prime membership?

Posted 8th Nov
Just wondering if Amazon tend to do special Prime membership prices around Black Friday or whenever?
My Prime is due to end in Feb and I'm looking at options on how to renew.... errr.... not sure if you can still get NUS card ?
Community Updates
10 Comments
You don't get exclusive discounts but you do get 'early access' to some offers which ultimately doesn't mean much given it's pretty rare for the Black Friday deals to sell out in minutes now.

*edit*

doh, completely misread that post.
Edited by: "abigsmurf" 8th Nov
Amazon Student for half price Prime can still be obtained with a Totum Pro card, formerly known as NUS.

Full Prime is typically only discounted before Prime Day to £59.
Edited by: "jamie15" 8th Nov
My Totum has expired. Is there any way to get an NUS card now? You know, by studying free courses
Edited by: "shaggy" 8th Nov
shaggy08/11/2019 13:34

My Totum has expired. Is there any way to get an NUS card now? You know, …My Totum has expired. Is there any way to get an NUS card now? You know, by studying free courses

hotukdeals.com/dea…242
jamie1508/11/2019 13:53

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nus-totum-card-for-all-3296242

Thanks. My Prime is not due for renewal until next year, so have a few months left. I wonder if its worth waiting on getting the NUS card though, or should i get one now for 5 years, as who knows, the loopholes might be closed soon?
Edited by: "shaggy" 8th Nov
shaggy08/11/2019 14:35

Thanks. My Prime is not due for renewal until next year, so have a few …Thanks. My Prime is not due for renewal until next year, so have a few months left. I wonder if its worth waiting on getting the NUS card though, or should i get one now for 5 years, as who knows, the loopholes might be closed soon?

I don't think you have to reverify student for Prime every year so I wouldn't worry unless you use other discounts too.
jamie1508/11/2019 15:08

I don't think you have to reverify student for Prime every year so I …I don't think you have to reverify student for Prime every year so I wouldn't worry unless you use other discounts too.

I think you keep student prime for 3 years with Amazon once you get it, that’s what the small print says so I’m gonna try and keep an eye out so after my 3 years is just about up I’ll pay for another full year.
jamie1508/11/2019 15:08

I don't think you have to reverify student for Prime every year so I …I don't think you have to reverify student for Prime every year so I wouldn't worry unless you use other discounts too.

Correct. I've got student Prime and they've never asked me to reverify.
toonsquirel08/11/2019 18:27

I think you keep student prime for 3 years with Amazon once you get it, …I think you keep student prime for 3 years with Amazon once you get it, that’s what the small print says so I’m gonna try and keep an eye out so after my 3 years is just about up I’ll pay for another full year.

Yep, that's right. It should automatically revert to full membership at full price after the 3 years though. They offer discounted membership around a Prime Day, possibly around Black Friday too (can't remember but not long to find out now).
I got an NUS card a few years ago and got half price prime. It always just renews at £40 every year now luckily.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants