Do amazon not do price drop refunds anymore?

Posted 28th Oct
Hi guys, has anyone else had this experience with Amazon lately? I bought something yesterday and less than 12 hour later the price dropped by £40. Amazon refuse to refund me the difference stating that I can send it back and order again at the cheaper price (what a waste of time and resources?).
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
notalwaysright1928/10/2019 16:15

It's so silly that rather than just refunding the difference as a gesture …It's so silly that rather than just refunding the difference as a gesture of goodwill, they will accept a (free) return, refund you for the item then send out a new one thereby wasting more money, time, manpower and resources !

reliant on people not bothering
Yes they don't refund price drops anymore. It's very annoying.
17 Comments
Yes they don't refund price drops anymore. It's very annoying.
Been that way for a while.
Been that way for quite some time and there's the occasional similar post here on HUKD. The removal of the voluntary policy does not violate nor bend consumer rights, it's just another example of contracting Amazon CS.
It's so silly that rather than just refunding the difference as a gesture of goodwill, they will accept a (free) return, refund you for the item then send out a new one thereby wasting more money, time, manpower and resources !
notalwaysright1928/10/2019 16:15

It's so silly that rather than just refunding the difference as a gesture …It's so silly that rather than just refunding the difference as a gesture of goodwill, they will accept a (free) return, refund you for the item then send out a new one thereby wasting more money, time, manpower and resources !

Probably worked out that most people are too lazy and just wouldn't bother returning item....
id just cancel delivery and reorder.
You'll prob get someone come along and say if they increased the price would you offer to pay the difference but £40 is a quite a difference and I'd rather that in my pocket than theirs.
Sadly you will have to re-order, print out the return label & swap the packaging.. dumb isn't it!
Just return the first and reorder while it's on offer. I agree it's a huge waste and I don't understand how that system works but it can only be the size of the company and volume of orders that make it work
You can just refuse to accept the offer when the driver arrives ?
Is that not better then a return ?
You can just say wrong address ? I didn’t order ?

Anyone tried that before ?
You need to be persistent, plus the attendant you get plays a part. I recently bought a game on Switch which dropped by a fiver hours after I placed it. You’re thinking I should’ve cancelled and re placed the order, but I’d used a £10 voucher & the £5 off £25 code & they don’t refund vouchers/codes. First two attendants were stubborn but the second left abruptly mid chat which worked in my favour, as the third one felt obligated to apologise for the previous ones behaviour and refund me the difference.
Edited by: "Jayswa" 28th Oct
BigStart28/10/2019 16:57

You can just refuse to accept the offer when the driver arrives ?Is that …You can just refuse to accept the offer when the driver arrives ?Is that not better then a return ?You can just say wrong address ? I didn’t order ?Anyone tried that before ?

Unless they just dump it and say delivered
Thanks for all the replies! Ah right I wasn't aware this changed some time ago, it's been a while since I requested one. I actually only noticed the new price after I received the item and it's something that is fitted to the house, so no chance of me returning it now as it's already up and took 2 hours Maybe I will just keep bugging them over live chat. I used to find that email support was the most lenient but they don't seem to have that option anymore (again I guess it's to make sure people don't bother to contact because live chat is so slow). This really makes me weary of ordering big ticket items from amazon now
cache28/10/2019 16:17

Absolutely right!
newbzors28/10/2019 17:46

Thanks for all the replies! Ah right I wasn't aware this changed some time …Thanks for all the replies! Ah right I wasn't aware this changed some time ago, it's been a while since I requested one. I actually only noticed the new price after I received the item and it's something that is fitted to the house, so no chance of me returning it now as it's already up and took 2 hours Maybe I will just keep bugging them over live chat. I used to find that email support was the most lenient but they don't seem to have that option anymore (again I guess it's to make sure people don't bother to contact because live chat is so slow). This really makes me weary of ordering big ticket items from amazon now

Are you sure you haven't installed the one you're about to order cheaper, (and the sealed item you will have in a few days can be returned as it was your original order)?

BigStart28/10/2019 16:57

You can just refuse to accept the offer when the driver arrives ?Is that …You can just refuse to accept the offer when the driver arrives ?Is that not better then a return ?You can just say wrong address ? I didn’t order ?Anyone tried that before ?

I refuse an order before and said return ti seller. The seller tried to say I never aent it back when it never left the van - would always use return label now and proof of posting.
Seems strange to me why anyone expects them to refund price drops, do shops do it if you buy an item the day before a sale, just wondering...

But the biggest surprise is the amount of people who go back to check the price of the item again. Once you bought why look at again after a few hours.. or is it on a list and you get emails..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants