Expired

Do Amazon record calls?

Found 15th Nov 2013
A bit of an odd one, but I've had a phone conversation with an Amazon representative and they have promised me a refund. I'm not convinced it will happen and I just wondered if anyone knew if they recorded calls as this will obviously help me if the refund isn't forthcoming.
Community Updates
8 Comments
Most call centres do to the best of my knowledge
As arachnoid said most places do, I believe they are obliged to tell you when you call that it may be recorded (either by recorded message or the adviser will will tell you) although I wouldn't imagine they would let you use it as "proof" of anything they say, more likely it would be used the other way round i.e logs of abusive customers, conversations with potentially fraudulent customers etc.. Best way is to ask them to email you confirmation of whatever they have promised you (while you are on the 'phone) most companies will do that.

Edited by: "Holly1985" 15th Nov 2013
Never phone them, always use the Chat then you can get a record of what has been said.
I sometimes record my calls in these situations (as a customer), without the other party's consent X) Ombudsman customer services confirmed the telephone recording for use as 'evidence'.

OP, I'd recommend you call them again and confirm everything in writing.
Mucus69

I sometimes record my calls in these situations (as a customer), without … I sometimes record my calls in these situations (as a customer), without the other party's consent X) Ombudsman customer services confirmed the telephone recording for use as 'evidence'.OP, I'd recommend you call them again and confirm everything in writing.

Isnt that illegal lol
Why do you doubt them? Amazon CS are, in my experience, top notch.
But as mclovin says, using the Chat facility is best as you can email yourself the transcript.
Ar460rn

Why do you doubt them? Amazon CS are, in my experience, top notch.But as … Why do you doubt them? Amazon CS are, in my experience, top notch.But as mclovin says, using the Chat facility is best as you can email yourself the transcript.

Second this, I never have issues with Amazon and as long as you are not completely taking the mick you have nothing to worry about.... With regards to the calls I very much doubt that all inbound calls are recorded, there is a chance that they are monitored for training purposes where a manager will listen in, but very rarely recorded. This is the same for most call centres with the exception of insurance companies and some government agencies, banks etc...
Thanks for the feedback everyone I'm sure it'll be fine. I have also always had good experiences with them, but just wanted the reassurance
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants