Do Amazon sell Fake items themselves?

Found 6th Oct 2015
Bought the Issey Miyake Intense 125ml EDT as listed in this HUKD:
hotukdeals.com/dea…154

Used Prime as currently member - the item arrived on Sunday as promised but was fake!
Box was near perfect but a few differences on the bottle.
The cap was not see through on the thin edges.
The neck of the bottle was not the same as usual.
The logo font was taller and larger than usual.
The fragrance was close but wrong and does not last at all!!!
*compared all to my last bottle (still have) and went to boots just to compare

Is Amazon known for doing fakes themselves? They have obviously blocked me leaving a review for the product - which I might try doing twice a day... not sure yet.

Any ideas what I can do as I'm just not satisfied?
Community Updates
14 Comments
Was it from Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon?
Short answer, yes.

Long answer. A German computer magazine did a test purchase earlier this year with Samsung mobile phone batteries. 100% of the "genuine" labelled Samsung batteries bought from Amazon Germany themselves and 3rd party Marketplace sellers were fake. They even had Samsung verify that they were all fakes.

No one says that Amazon does it on purpose, but clearly not all of its suppliers are trustworthy.

Amazon will review the product in question if you tell them about it.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 6th Oct 2015
I purchased purfume recently from a third party but fulfilled by Amazon so believed it to be legit. when it arrived I knew straight away it was fake as the purfume looked too green but the scent was spot on. Went to boots where I found slight differences to the bottle and writing etc.

I emailed Amazon to complain and was issued a refund immediately. I even offered to send the purfume back as evidence but they said to either keep or bin it so yes, in my opinion I believe Amazon do sell fakes and will never buy purfume or aftershave from there again!
SUMMONER

Short answer, yes.Long answer. A German computer magazine did a test … Short answer, yes.Long answer. A German computer magazine did a test purchase earlier this year with Samsung mobile phone batteries. 100% of the "genuine" labelled Samsung batteries bought from Amazon Germany themselves and 3rd party Marketplace sellers were fake. They even had Samsung verify that they were all fakes.No one says that Amazon does it on purpose, but clearly not all of its suppliers are trustworthy.Amazon will review the product in question if you tell them about it.

​They didn't in my case and are still allowing the company to still sell the purfume I ordered

amazon.co.uk/gp/…-21

I once purchased a GHD hair straightner but when I tried to register the product with GHD online it was not allowing it plus there were slight differences so YES fakes are sold i'm sure.. Got a refund I purchased directly from GHD for peace of mind
dani80

​They didn't in my case and are still allowing the company to still sell t … ​They didn't in my case and are still allowing the company to still sell the purfume I orderedhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003MURDKK/?tag=ho01f-21

That is bad, also I suppose that Amazon has no way of verifying the stock of a 3rd part seller.

It would likely take complaints by a dozen or so customers before they would intervene.
I have only ever had 2 things that were clearly fake (if I had anything else it was good enough to pass muster so meh) one was a little portable speaker, I already had one and wanted to daisy chain em but I could see straight away it wasn't genuine, however if I didn't own one already I probably would have just thought it was crap and wondered what all the fuss was about with that brand, although it would have gone back anyway as the charging cable was not molded properly and unusable. That was fulfilled by amazon, which is a meaningless thing as clearly they dont check anything.

the other was duracell batteries, I think that was fulfilled by amazon not sure, but I had ordered from the seller before no problems but the second order (same thing both times) was not genuine, the country of origin info on the box was different to that written on the batteries, the colour was more brown instead of bronze and some of the text on the box was off, clearly chinglish.
Never bought anything from Amazon that have turned out to be fake, either from them or their market sellers.
Although i've lost the love for Amazon now, with their 'Prime' crap.

Yeah I haven't bought anything off em for 2 months, they just dont seem worth it anymore
Error440

Yeah I haven't bought anything off em for 2 months, they just dont seem … Yeah I haven't bought anything off em for 2 months, they just dont seem worth it anymore

Yup.... they're not even the leaders in good prices anymore. They just price match others that were cheaper before them. Then when those other seller prices finish, they bang their own prices right up. Of course they've always done this to a certain extent, but they've took it to a constant rip off level now.
But constantly upping their min order amount to get free del really gets my goat..... its done purely to get people to take out Prime.
They can go forth & multiply...... and i just use em for free kindle books now.
Yes they do....
They might not intentionally do it but there are often issues with fakes in ANY supply chain, I'm aware of fake capacitors being distributed by a very reputable supplier (where the additional quality is paid for at a premium price) and the capacitors turned out to be plastic with a few wires sticking out. It's not 100% amazon's fault
dani80

I purchased purfume recently from a third party but fulfilled by Amazon … I purchased purfume recently from a third party but fulfilled by Amazon so believed it to be legit.

Fulfilled by Amazon just means the handle posting it. It is not any indication of quality.

You can literally buy a box of fake anythings from China and ship them to Amazon under your Amazon seller account and the sales page will say fulfilled by Amazon. It means nothin of the quality or fakeness of the product!
Hi OP. I also bought the Issey Miyake from the same deal.As i have not had it before,i had nothing to compare it too.
However when i opened the box,the glass was smeared with something down one side,like a residue.It did wipe away,but it did cross my mind as to whether it could be fake.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants