Do any Cadbury / mondalez products taste the same anymore or have they all been ruined?

Posted 8th Jan
In a rare moment, I opened a pack of mini "Cadbury animals" (now with freddo apparantly).
Suffice to say, both biscuit & chocolate bear no resemblance to Cadbury animals of old.

Just appeared to be waxy adulterated chocolate, hard tack biscuit filth.
Is there a product within their portfolio that remains "un-improved" ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Possibly Flake/Wispa....but they have destroyed virtually the entire range
Edited by: "Gollywood" 8th Jan
The Dairy Milk stuff still tastes like Dairy Milk, they've made the bars smaller, but the recipe is still the same. All the bars that would've used Dairy Milk, Wspa, Crunchie, Picnic, Mini Eggs... pretty much every single bar/product they do, have been moved to a new standard recipe chocolate that doesn't use real milk. So they all taste different, though they will deny this on social media.

Freddos and Buttons are still Dairy Milk I think, obviously the stand alone Dairy Milk Bars are. Stick to those if you want that proper Cadburys taste.
Edited by: "Krooner" 8th Jan
I haven't bought Cadbury's for years, but was given some for Christmas. They haven't changed a bit - still awfull.
Animal biscuits have always been rubbish.

As for dairy milk I think it is my tastes that have changed, not the chocolate, it just doesn't have any flavour compared to Green & Blacks, Lindt, Hotel Chocolat etc.
I still like a Wispa though.
jon81uk08/01/2020 10:15

Animal biscuits have always been rubbish.As for dairy milk I think it is …Animal biscuits have always been rubbish.As for dairy milk I think it is my tastes that have changed, not the chocolate, it just doesn't have any flavour compared to Green & Blacks, Lindt, Hotel Chocolat etc.I still like a Wispa though.

No they haven't.
I used to love an Animal biscuit, but we rarely had them because they were so expensive.
chimp14uk08/01/2020 11:46

No they haven't.I used to love an Animal biscuit, but we rarely had them …No they haven't.I used to love an Animal biscuit, but we rarely had them because they were so expensive.

Must just be me then but I associate them with cheap rubbish Poundland biscuits. Never ever thought of them as being expensive. A chocolate digestive has always seemed better quality biscuit. The Cadbury animals might have better chocolate on them but the biscuit was worse than any McVities.
chimp14uk08/01/2020 11:46

No they haven't.I used to love an Animal biscuit, but we rarely had them …No they haven't.I used to love an Animal biscuit, but we rarely had them because they were so expensive.

About 30 years ago they were lush
Yeah, there used to be digestive crumb in the pack, not the current hard biscuit which didn't taste of much, I knew the chocolate would be as but was curious as to "how bad"
..my boxer bitch ended up eating them but only because she's on steroids & perma-hungry.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions