Do any networks buy out mobile phone contracts?

Posted 31st Dec 2019
Does anyone know if any of the mobile networks will buy you out of your current contract? It used to be fairly common going back a few years but I don't seem to be able to find any info online - is it a case that they do not do it anymore or is it just they don't publicise it?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
I would consider myself fairly clued up on mobile contracts but Ive never heard of this ever being common
jb6631/12/2019 11:15

I would consider myself fairly clued up on mobile contracts but Ive never …I would consider myself fairly clued up on mobile contracts but Ive never heard of this ever being common

I've never heard of it even being rare.
jb6631/12/2019 11:15

I would consider myself fairly clued up on mobile contracts but Ive never …I would consider myself fairly clued up on mobile contracts but Ive never heard of this ever being common

I remember doing it a few times in the late 90s. Phones4u were a particular reseller who stick out in my memory of having done it. I spoke to Sky and they do it on TV but not on mobiles currently.
I’ve never known networks to do it directly but places like CPW and the likes sometimes offer a buy out if there’s not too long left.
You can buy out of your contracts , but you have to do it with the same network provider your with now , then you will have two options , either upgrade to a new handset or go sim only ,,,, or just keep the phone with no contract

You can use mobiles.co.uk < there cheap
Or carephone warehouse
Or the actual networks website
Saifh78631/12/2019 11:28

You can buy out of your contracts , but you have to do it with the same …You can buy out of your contracts , but you have to do it with the same network provider your with now , then you will have two options , either upgrade to a new handset or go sim only ,,,, or just keep the phone with no contractYou can use mobiles.co.uk < there cheap Or carephone warehouse Or the actual networks website

Or buy out of existing contract via off-premises upgrade, first confirming that the upgrade ceases the original agreement, then cancel the upgrade within the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 14 day cooling off period.
AndyRoyd31/12/2019 11:40

Or buy out of existing contract via off-premises upgrade, first confirming …Or buy out of existing contract via off-premises upgrade, first confirming that the upgrade ceases the original agreement, then cancel the upgrade within the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 14 day cooling off period.

Does that actually work ? :/ might have to try this
Can't you request to cancel and pay off the remainder owing
jco8331/12/2019 11:44

Can't you request to cancel and pay off the remainder owing

You can however they just charge you for the amount of months left on the agreement to cancel , it ain’t cheap !
Saifh78631/12/2019 11:41

Does that actually work ? :/ might have to try this

It should be fine subject to the stated caveat: "...first confirming that the upgrade ceases the original agreement"
Saifh78631/12/2019 11:45

You can however they just charge you for the amount of months left on the …You can however they just charge you for the amount of months left on the agreement to cancel , it ain’t cheap !

Well, duh! 😜
Edited by: "jco83" 31st Dec 2019
I think if you buy out the remainder of your contract they can't charge Vat so you'll get a 20% reduction.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions