Do any of you know of any cheaper international parcel delivery options to ASIA?

8 replies
Found 7th May 2008
I have been looking at various websites since morning to send a 2kg parcel to india with box dimensions 34cm X 17cm X 17cm - contents not even worth the quotes i have received ...

parcel2go.com
interparcel.com
postoffice.co.uk
ppwexpress.com

The contents value less than £30 but the quotes from all the above cheaper alternatives i had heard of come around a min of £43 which is very odd if you know what i mean ...

I opted for no insurance ...

I seem to guess they provide a quote on the basis of the volume of the space the parcel takes on the air plane ... i havent tried to pack the items into any smaller box as yet .... will give it a try if nothing else works ... though it is going to be a difficult task ...

I am just looking for a plain & simple international delivery ... no extras ... not time sensitive at all .. i m OK if it takes 4 weeks ...

Are any of you aware of any cheaper options ... ??

1. Misc
  2. Parcel
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Parcel
8 Comments

have you tried the obvious? RM Surface Mail?

Dhl half price at staples..you can try that

kemot1984;2049657

yes, as long as you can limit it to 2KG the price is £11.09 if it classifies as a 'small packet' (does it? - not sure about this)

royalmail.com/por…393

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;2049729

yes, as long as you can limit it to 2KG the price is £11.09 if it … yes, as long as you can limit it to 2KG the price is £11.09 if it classifies as a 'small packet' (does it? - not sure about this)http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400037&mediaId=400393

That would be ideal but not sure if they would consider the box with 34cm X 17cm X 17cm as a small packet though ...

Original Poster

prince4world;2049697

I will check out the quotes now ... thanks ....but it says Half Price UK only ... on the staples deal ...

hotukdeals.com/ite…l-/

Original Poster

prince4world;2049697

Is that just in store .. couldnt find anything online ...

Original Poster

kemot1984;2049657

Do you reckon that would accept the small packet as the box with above dimensions .... ?

Should be fine Sanjay "The maximum dimensions for rectangular items are 610mm x 460mm x 460mm" the delivery estimate is "From 56 days."
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769301
    2. Coming up to bonfire night ...2231
    3. Hope of a cure for asthma56
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7871476

See more discussions