Groups

Do any of your children dance?

Banned
    I'm thinking of starting a topic in the for sale.. just gathering some interest as to whether people would be interested in buying 2nd hand dancing costumes, shoes etc. Just to see if it is worth doing as it would take a long time to upload pics etc as there are loads!
    Cheers

16 Comments

My eldest Ballroom dances and my youngest is starting ballet soon. HTH

Banned

perhaps you could link people to examples of what you have just by a bit of online surfing, then if there's interest you would know which items you need to mess about photographing and uploading! x

My niece does Irish dancing but has been told she wont be able to get a dress as they are SO expensive. Most of the girls sell their dresses when they grow out of them

mojo.121;5611774

My niece does Irish dancing but has been told she wont be able to get a … My niece does Irish dancing but has been told she wont be able to get a dress as they are SO expensive. Most of the girls sell their dresses when they grow out of them

my neices do irish dancing, their dad is irish and it was his mum i think who is the driving force and the main reason they do it...

the dresses are absolutely gorgeous yes I can imagine they cost a fortune.

My girls dance too ( ballet/disco/street ) but their dancing school has someone who makes the costumes for the shows and we have to pay extra when the shows are coming up for the costumes to be made.

ClarityofMind;5611806

my neices do irish dancing, their dad is irish and it was his mum i think … my neices do irish dancing, their dad is irish and it was his mum i think who is the driving force and the main reason they do it...the dresses are absolutely gorgeous yes I can imagine they cost a fortune.My girls dance too ( ballet/disco/street ) but their dancing school has someone who makes the costumes for the shows and we have to pay extra when the shows are coming up for the costumes to be made.

I find the shoes the worst part, my eldest ballroom dances and can wear a good prom dress etc but shoes are so expensive, the last pair were £50, and when she outgrows them they are still like new. I have two pairs in the bottom of the wardrobe that i cant bear to throw away because they are still in such good condition.

kidcat;5611864

I find the shoes the worst part, my eldest ballroom dances and can wear a … I find the shoes the worst part, my eldest ballroom dances and can wear a good prom dress etc but shoes are so expensive, the last pair were £50, and when she outgrows them they are still like new. I have two pairs in the bottom of the wardrobe that i cant bear to throw away because they are still in such good condition.

In general I hate ebay.... but in this case....

I was thinking of signing my kids up to the one at the local community centre BUT

She charges £5 per lesson which seems fine, but when it comes to show times you need to pay £30 for them each to appear in the show, then you're £60 for the costumes and however amount for whatever bits and pieces they might need, hats, gloves, sparkly accessories etc and kids need a spray tan when its showtime.

So to be entirely honest its not for me, along with the expense it would cost me for 2 girls we just dont agree with kids getting spray tans.

AshleyRFC;5612114

I was thinking of signing my kids up to the one at the local community … I was thinking of signing my kids up to the one at the local community centre BUTShe charges £5 per lesson which seems fine, but when it comes to show times you need to pay £30 for them each to appear in the show, then you're £60 for the costumes and however amount for whatever bits and pieces they might need, hats, gloves, sparkly accessories etc and kids need a spray tan when its showtime.So to be entirely honest its not for me, along with the expense it would cost me for 2 girls we just dont agree with kids getting spray tans.

spray tan?? that sounds nuts.

the charges sound about right for a ccentre. I pay £420 per term( that's for two ) to the dancing school then the additional costs for the exam gradings costumes etc.

ClarityofMind;5612179

spray tan?? that sounds nuts.the charges sound about right for a ccentre. … spray tan?? that sounds nuts.the charges sound about right for a ccentre. I pay £420 per term( that's for two ) to the dancing school then the additional costs for the exam gradings costumes etc.

This is just a woman who hires the hall in the community shop tho lol.

And yes spray tans, a woman even advertises in the community shop for under 8's she charges £6.50 for 8-10 she charges £8.50 lol.

I think spray tanning a child is kinda weird, ethically.

We're always teaching them about equality and how skin tone has nothing to do with the kind of person you are, and how unhealthy it is to stay out in the sun too long. Spray tan for kids would be a very mixed message!

ClarityofMind;5612275

I think spray tanning a child is kinda weird, ethically. We're always … I think spray tanning a child is kinda weird, ethically. We're always teaching them about equality and how skin tone has nothing to do with the kind of person you are, and how unhealthy it is to stay out in the sun too long. Spray tan for kids would be a very mixed message!

I totally agree, its apparently a common practice here as I told another girl about it, she used to do irish dancing, she's only 18 just now, she said when she was little that it was fine to just wear tanned tights, but that now they want kids to be tanned.

AshleyRFC;5612308

I totally agree, its apparently a common practice here as I told another … I totally agree, its apparently a common practice here as I told another girl about it, she used to do irish dancing, she's only 18 just now, she said when she was little that it was fine to just wear tanned tights, but that now they want kids to be tanned.

very strange, sounds like you're better off not being involved

Children with fake tans? American Pagaent influence.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5612402

Children with fake tans? American Pagaent influence.

sounds like it...

I think the whole acting/dancing/singing thing is great for kids and for their sense of self confidence and to develop their ability to understand others feelings and to express themselves confidently in front of others... but the whole meat market thing has to be avoided.

Last year the same group a woman took her 4 year old for her spray tan, she had a reaction to it and ended up breaking out.

There is another dance class down the road from me but I'd have to investigate as to whether the girls need spray tans there too because if they do it wouldn't be anything I'd wanna be part of.

Original Poster Banned

So in terms of the OP, would any of you guys be interested in any costumes, as you have around 50 costumes + shoes..
    and as for spray tans, my whole dance school were ordered to have the same shade of colour of spray tan!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2458
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?24104
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 8912
      4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2849

See more discussions