Groups
    EXPIRED

Do any PC Power Supply manufacturers have a UK RMA base?

Looking to buy maybe 3 Power Supplies so having a UK RMA centre seems useful.
    Anybody offering that?
    Corsair are in Holland I believe!
    What about EVGA and others?

I'll be buying a semi-passive full modular model such as the Corsair RM series or EVGA SuperNOVA G2.

10 Comments

Bit pessimistic no? The way I see it, if your power supply breaks you buy another straight away, so why would it mater how long you are waiting for a replacement for the broken one when you already have a replacement?

Original Poster

MIDURIX

Bit pessimistic no? The way I see it, if your power supply breaks you buy … Bit pessimistic no? The way I see it, if your power supply breaks you buy another straight away, so why would it mater how long you are waiting for a replacement for the broken one when you already have a replacement?

It's expensive to ship a P/S outside of the UK.

Most top quality manufacturers or distributors of PSU's (Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic, Silverstone, Superflower and Antec to name a few) if they use top internal components should last 5-10 years without requiring maintenance (do not touch internals without experience) or cleaning! So a Power Supply Unit should last you until a new upgrade at least. You'd be unlucky to require a new / replacment PSU, but if it became faulty within a year, normally the option is to send back to the supplier, who will either send a replacement, RMA the PSU or least give you the number to contact the manufacturer. Turn around should be roughly the same as a UK based company I.e. Corsair (Holland). 7 days max. Enermax used to have a UK base, but now use C & J Computers in London., XFX Preston I believe, Antec (Holland) but this information could be out of date.
    Edited by: "nemesiz" 14th Dec 2014

Agharta

It's expensive to ship a P/S outside of the UK.

I'm not calling you surely, but surely they should reimburse you that money anyway.

Gigabyte.

MIDURIX

I'm not calling you surely, but surely they should reimburse you that … I'm not calling you surely, but surely they should reimburse you that money anyway.

You pay the outgoing postage, they pay return. I know having just sent a motherboard back under warranty to msi in Holland.

Original Poster

rev6

Gigabyte.

Thanks but do they sell a decent semi-fanless Gold/Platinum unit?

Depends on the PSU, I'd send my Corsair brand Seasonic TX2 PSU back but the Corsair CX + TX branded CWT crap in my garage can rust. Just not worth sending a crap PSU back for repair.

Original Poster

kester76

Just not worth sending a crap PSU back for repair.

Not worth buying in the first place which is why I specified some decent models.

Agharta

Not worth buying in the first place which is why I specified some decent … Not worth buying in the first place which is why I specified some decent models.

Check techpowerup.com/rev…50/ I think these are made by CWT or Chicony. Beware Corsair PSU's oO
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions