Do any supermarket do bigger steaks?

Found 12th Aug 2017
Most seem to only do 80z, after rump steaks pref around 16oz, does anyone know rough price of 160z rump from a butchers?
or any supermaket who do bigger oness

(could just get 2 small ones but not the same )

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Not sure on price but my local Morrisons are always happy to cut larger steaks. Although sometimes you do need to order in advance if it's particularly large. We regularly ask for thick cut sirloin as the packaged ones are usually a little to thin for my liking.

Have you been to your local butcher?

Ours (Cornwall) is an award winning butcher supplying the very best of Cornwall and Devon's restaurants. They will cut you what you want and the breed/farmer is listed so you know what you are getting.

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell3 h, 24 m ago

Have you tried Aldi ? …Have you tried Aldi ? https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/3782129/aldi-fathers-day-offer-biggest-steak-cheap-supermarkets-tesco-uk/

that was for fathers day only

Original Poster

dannythemusicman2 h, 55 m ago

Not sure on price but my local Morrisons are always happy to cut larger …Not sure on price but my local Morrisons are always happy to cut larger steaks. Although sometimes you do need to order in advance if it's particularly large. We regularly ask for thick cut sirloin as the packaged ones are usually a little to thin for my liking.

was not aware of this will check in my deli counter next time im up there

Original Poster

windym2 h, 17 m ago

Have you been to your local butcher? Ours (Cornwall) is an award winning …Have you been to your local butcher? Ours (Cornwall) is an award winning butcher supplying the very best of Cornwall and Devon's restaurants. They will cut you what you want and the breed/farmer is listed so you know what you are getting.

I haven't was wondering what the average price was, looking to spend around 8£-10£ a steak

whelan18932 m ago

I am not a big meat eater. I reckon I eat less than that in a whole month rather than just in one sitting. I think I'd rather have a smaller better quality piece of steak than to pig out on half a cow. I have a piece of wagyu in the freezer waiting for a special occasion.

whelan18940 m ago

I haven't was wondering what the average price was, looking to spend …I haven't was wondering what the average price was, looking to spend around 8£-10£ a steak

There isn't really an average price, it depends where you are. It is far better to have a quality piece of meat from a local butcher who can vouch for the farm it's come from, than some random supermarket offering purporting to be from a farm somewhere near the UK but that was reared in Czech, slaughtered in Romania and packed in Norfolk by Tesco for the UK market.

I second the choice of a local butcher who will be able to provide you with the best option for what you want.

If you want a supermarket option, I recommend these. I know they're fillet and not rump, but that's a good thing because they're much nicer.

marksandspencer.com/4-a…srp

whelan18912 h, 56 m ago

was not aware of this will check in my deli counter next time im up …was not aware of this will check in my deli counter next time im up therethat was for fathers day only

Hoping it's not just my butcher! We might be moving soon and we really like this..!

Have you tried ostrich? Highly recommended!

Look for a South African supermarket - my mate got this humongous steak - see below.

31689883-ZbqSb.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions