Do ariel boosters work?

Found 14th Jan 2010
Hi,

I have a usb digital TV stick attached to a new computer running Windows 7 pro. Sometimes I cannot get the tv to switch on but I would say 75% of the time its all ok. Question I'm asking is...............do Ariel boosters actually work? I have never used 1 but would be interested in some feedback from others who have...................rep will be left for info on if they have worked or made any difference to the signal strength. Thanks in advance.

renagade27

1. Misc
  2. Ariel
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Ariel
10 Comments

They amplify the signal received, if you receive 20% good signal and 80% noise you will just end up with more noise.

If you are still using the portable antenna, that came with the USB stick, you will be better off investing money in a proper desktop antenna.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;7543608

They amplify the signal received, if you receive 20% good signal and 80% … They amplify the signal received, if you receive 20% good signal and 80% noise you will just end up with more noise.If you are still using the portable antenna, that came with the USB stick, you will be better off investing money in a proper desktop antenna.

Thanks....

I do have a proper digital ariel and its supposed to be for weak signal area's. I think my local is the problem though. I live near the main A68/A7 to the Scottish borders so tv has always been as issue. The booster question I'd hope would help with the signal I already have..............like topping it up.

renagade27

renagade27;7543780

I do have a proper digital ariel and its supposed to be for weak signal … I do have a proper digital ariel and its supposed to be for weak signal area's.

Is that an in-door or roof-top antenna?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7543798

There's no such thing as a digital aerial.....

Ok............an ariel capable of receiving freeview! :whistling:

renagade27

Original Poster

SUMMONER;7543911

Is that an in-door or roof-top antenna?

On the roof mate...............properly fitted.

The borders is not great for freeveiw even after the recent upgrade ,,,,,,,,,,

renagade27

renagade27;7543920

Ok............an ariel capable of receiving freeview! :whistling: … Ok............an ariel capable of receiving freeview! :whistling: renagade27

It's called a 'wideband' aerial.

Aren't you better just getting live TV online ....like TVCatchup or Zattoo ....as long as your BB connection is fast enough....:thumbsup:

tvcatchup.com/

zattoo.com/

renagade27;7543942

On the roof mate...............properly fitted.The borders is not great … On the roof mate...............properly fitted.The borders is not great for freeveiw even after the recent upgrade ,,,,,,,,,,renagade27

Check the software, it might have a signal meter in one of it's menus. If it shows less than 30% signal, don't bother.

Using a signal booster is a hit and miss thing. Works great for one location, useless for another. Buy it on-line, so you can return it for a refund if it has no positive effect.

Better yet, get Sky and a proper TV. :whistling:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7544002

So a normal aerial then.

Em, No! We had an ariel that would not pick up freeview. We then contacted a company and had a better bigger huge ariel put up on roof. So not just "An ariel!" I hope that is clear now.

renagade27

it helps
but don''t spend more than £3 on it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The FREE UltraViolet Codes thread2071
    2. A christmas wish1317
    3. Yay for HUKD iPhone X support22
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771982

See more discussions