Groups
    EXPIRED

Do banks hold grudges?

I was a long happy Yorkshire Bank customer for years then found out Halifax did not charge for bounced direct debits so i switched about 2 years ago.

I recently applied for a new account with Yorkshire Bank as a secondary account. They declined me as soon as they ran my details. They said my credit score was too low but today i got a current account with Tesco and was offered an overdraft as they said my credit was fine.

Has anybody else been declined by a bank they have previously switched from? It seems like they simply did not want me back. My credit score is fine. I only applied for a bog standard current account

7 Comments

they may see if you have had an old account with them and run that history as part of a credit check. they may also think they wont make any money off you so will not want your business, also is yorkshire not owned by NAG/Clydesdale so they really need to make money so will target a specific group to do that.

basicly you aint what they are currently looking for as a customer profile.. rather than a good or bad risk..

You seem to imply you had bounced DDs with them ? Maybe they remember but didn't publicise it to the Credit Reference Agencies -In which case they did you a great favour

Original Poster

rogparki

You seem to imply you had bounced DDs with them ? Maybe they remember but … You seem to imply you had bounced DDs with them ? Maybe they remember but didn't publicise it to the Credit Reference Agencies -In which case they did you a great favour

Yeah i had all kinds of problems regarding charges and always got customer service to remove them. I guess they simply knew they would not make money from me i guess.

Just between us i only wanted to open it to switch to Tesco. 50,000 clubcard points to switch. They sent me an invitation. I have opened my account and need to switch another current account to them in the next 28 days to get the points.

Can anybody suggest a bank which i can get a quick current account to do it? i cannot move my main account without it causing problems. I have a large overdraft on my main one.
    Edited by: "AStonedRaichu" 19th Dec 2014

Have you tried the Post office bank account

Be careful applying for lots of accounts it 'can' have an adverse affect on your credit rating.

HOLD A GRUDGE

They would quite happily take the food from a starving child's mouth and throw it in the bin in front of them.

Co-op/Smile have always been really quick in opening accounts for me-might be worth a go.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2481
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2976
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047151

See more discussions