Expired

Do brand new iPhones come unlocked?

Found 20th Feb 2014
I know someone selling a brand new sealed in box iPhone 5S he said its on EE network, since the phone is in the box and sealed and hasn't been activated yet does that mean I can just pop another sim card in and be on my way? (A Three sim) I'm not gonna bother buying it if I I can't just put another network SIM card in. EE is the most expensive network to get unlocked.

1. Ask
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. iPhone
8 Comments

It is locked to the first network sim card inserted into the device.

Three UK stock comes unlocked now. Even if you do get old stock that is locked, you can get it unlocked for free within 7 working days but it's usually next day

danjono

Three UK stock comes unlocked now. Even if you do get old stock that is … Three UK stock comes unlocked now. Even if you do get old stock that is locked, you can get it unlocked for free within 7 working days but it's usually next day

Whoops misread it as you thinking of buying a new phone from EE not 2nd hand. Disregard my comment as its not valid

Google unlock iPhone 5s and choose the you tube option. It will show you how to unlock for free.

dereklogan7

Google unlock iPhone 5s and choose the you tube option. It will show you … Google unlock iPhone 5s and choose the you tube option. It will show you how to unlock for free.

no way to unlock iphone 5s on ee for free

Original Poster

pcsolutions

It is locked to the first network sim card inserted into the device.

I've just put my 3 sim in and it's come up as sim not valid!

Remember if it's LOCKED to EE then it's a pain to unlock.

EE will ask you to get the first person who bought the phone to ring them to unlock the phone. This is a nightmare especially when you buy these phones from eBay etc

Original Poster

krazyasif786

Remember if it's LOCKED to EE then it's a pain to unlock.EE will ask you … Remember if it's LOCKED to EE then it's a pain to unlock.EE will ask you to get the first person who bought the phone to ring them to unlock the phone. This is a nightmare especially when you buy these phones from eBay etc

It was brand new and sealed and as pcsolutions said above it locks to the first network sim card put it. But I've just put my 3 sim in and it comes out as sim not valid. Bit gutted really I'm gonna have to sell it now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions