Expired

Do BT block any Kodi add ons

Found 9th Jan 2016
hi all, just wondering if any of you guys and girls have BT fibre broadband and Kodi, I wondered if BT block any add ons or is everything ok?
just after people's experiences with BT and kodi really .

Thank you
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Kodi
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Kodi
16 Comments
Hiya,
We have Bt broadband and have just installed quiet a few add ins on our box with no problems.
Original Poster
nickster76

Hiya,We have Bt broadband and have just installed quiet a few add ins on … Hiya,We have Bt broadband and have just installed quiet a few add ins on our box with no problems.

thanks for that
*quite*
I have BT Broadband, using a Amazon Fire TV and a MXQ Box with both Kodi 15.2 and Andy's Build installed. All okay apart from Genesis, although I know there's been a lot of issues reported with Genesis over the past few days.
BT only block the same web address's that every other isp is required to block. EE though does block some more it has been reported. Only thing is that if you only recently switched ISP's they are all required by law to opt you into safety filter as default and you have to opt-out on your account page.

droidbox.co.uk/blo…ers
rtmlk

http://www.pcliverpool.co.uk/bt-home-hub-xbmc-kodi-fix.html

All that does is separate your 2.4 and 5gHz channels. Has zero affect on address filtering.
Original Poster
FTCom

I have BT Broadband, using a Amazon Fire TV and a MXQ Box with both Kodi … I have BT Broadband, using a Amazon Fire TV and a MXQ Box with both Kodi 15.2 and Andy's Build installed. All okay apart from Genesis, although I know there's been a lot of issues reported with Genesis over the past few days.

thanks, that's odd as genesis is working fine for me at the minute, only reason I want to change is my max speed at the minute is 3.3 mbps and I want the fibre to make it faster, just hope I don't switch suppliers and then not able to access all the great add ons
andyb1979

thanks, that's odd as genesis is working fine for me at the minute, only … thanks, that's odd as genesis is working fine for me at the minute, only reason I want to change is my max speed at the minute is 3.3 mbps and I want the fibre to make it faster, just hope I don't switch suppliers and then not able to access all the great add ons

My Genesis been fine also on the Blackbox build.
I've got BT Fibre the top package and have no issues. Speed test around 60-65 with my two channels separated and my 3 Kodi devices all use the 5gHz channel on Wifi (BtHomeHub 4 and Openreach Faceplate on line). Just remember if you do change to do the opt-out on the naughty filter!

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 9th Jan 2016
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts

My Genesis been fine also on the Blackbox build. I've got BT Fibre the … My Genesis been fine also on the Blackbox build. I've got BT Fibre the top package and have no issues. Speed test around 60-65 with my two channels separated and my 3 Kodi devices all use the 5gHz channel on Wifi (BtHomeHub 4 and Openreach Faceplate on line). Just remember if you do change to do the opt-out on the naughty filter!

what do you mean 2 channels? and is it fairly easy to sort the filtering out? cheers
andyb1979

what do you mean 2 channels? and is it fairly easy to sort the filtering … what do you mean 2 channels? and is it fairly easy to sort the filtering out? cheers

Yeah loads of guides takes less than 5 minutes. Though 5ghz channel degrades quicker the further away from your router and not very good at penetrating thick walls I believe. For my house it's fine. One way to put it is speed test not separated then separate and connect to your 5ghz channel (you name it yourself so you know which is which when selecting which wifi to connect to) then speed test again.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44504/~/how-do-i-connect-my-device-only-to-the-5ghz-wireless-channel-on-the-hub-4-or

Original Poster
cecilmcroberts

Yeah loads of guides takes less than 5 minutes. Though 5ghz channel … Yeah loads of guides takes less than 5 minutes. Though 5ghz channel degrades quicker the further away from your router and not very good at penetrating thick walls I believe. For my house it's fine. One way to put it is speed test not separated then separate and connect to your 5ghz channel (you name it yourself so you know which is which when selecting which wifi to connect to) then speed test again. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44504/~/how-do-i-connect-my-device-only-to-the-5ghz-wireless-channel-on-the-hub-4-or

awesome thanks a lot
Also on bt and use kodi and a few others without any issue
i suspect sky are blocking a few on mine
jonnybravo99

i suspect sky are blocking a few on mine

Turn Sky Broadband shield off and you will see a big diffrence.
reidy1970

Turn Sky Broadband shield off and you will see a big diffrence.

​cheers!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions