Do Car Polishing Machines make a difference?

9 replies
Found 4th Apr 2011
Lidl have one for sale, at

lidl.co.uk/cps…htm

Im selling my car and have been trying to get it up together so it looks nicer, it could do with a decent polish and t cut (have been trying to t cut it over the last few weeks).

Do these machines really bring up a better shine?

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
9 Comments

I can't see the product, but yes they do make a difference, and it is a lot easier to polish a car with a machine polisher than it is by hand. You must also make sure you have the right polish. Because the machine polisher is pretty much for deep polishing etc, waxing should still be done by hand (top coat polish)

So if you have dead paint and marks, this is the thing to go for, if you just want to protect, then buy a good wax. look at cleanyourcar.co.uk for more info.

Original Poster

aircanman

I can't see the product, but yes they do make a difference, and it is a … I can't see the product, but yes they do make a difference, and it is a lot easier to polish a car with a machine polisher than it is by hand. You must also make sure you have the right polish. Because the machine polisher is pretty much for deep polishing etc, waxing should still be done by hand (top coat polish) So if you have dead paint and marks, this is the thing to go for, if you just want to protect, then buy a good wax. look at http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk for more info.

Thanks for the reply, was thinking of using Autoglym Super Resin Polish then putting Turtle wax on it.

For cleaning your car really well for a sale, id suggest going to jucydetailing. Stuff from this site is amazing, the snow foam is a great cleaner which is what i use, to make it look really good a hand dry is also a good idea.

Sales wise think of what youd look for when you go to view a car.
To make the car look good black the tyres with 'turtlewax black and wet'
interior stain removal and set cleaning i'd use autoglym
for the alloys (if your car has any) then id get a hold of a set of axle stands and a jack then take the wheels off and clean both inside and out.
Also a good glass cleaner and a decent interior smell coverer is always a good way to push the sale over.

Out of nosey-ness what kind of car is it?

greenmachine12

Thanks for the reply, was thinking of using Autoglym Super Resin Polish … Thanks for the reply, was thinking of using Autoglym Super Resin Polish then putting Turtle wax on it.

Yes this is ok, but the Auto Glym Super Resin is a light polish, and has no real cutting features, it will most likely remove light swirls and thats about it. I would use a cutting polish, personally I would have a look at the website suggested and get a machine cutting compound if you have bad scratches. As far as the wax goes, apply with machine and remove by hand with a clean good quality micro fibre cloth.

has anyone watched the video for the polisher from the lidl site, informative but quite funny

The car polishers do make a great difference to cars. I have to say the one shown on the site is not one i would go for at all.... They are the cheap stuff that wont do much good......

something like the pic below is far better as it gives a proper finish to the car. But be careful when using them as they shoudl only be used on flat surfaces and not egdes as this can burn the paint. also use lots of water over the areas being treated to protect from burning.

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/738352/6033684/0/1220942752/DA_Car_Polisher__CE_UL_approvals.jpg

yes they do make a difference. my red car was looking pink due to fading and after t-cut and polishing using the machine it looked new.

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply guys, i will look into that site. Its only a 1998 206, just the paintwork needs touching up really.

Original Poster

simplyjimbo

has anyone watched the video for the polisher from the lidl site, … has anyone watched the video for the polisher from the lidl site, informative but quite funny

I started to watch it, then carried on as was quite funny.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amazon deliveries35
    2. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    3. Computer upgrades89
    4. Invisalign dental braces in London22

See more discussions