Do CeX allow consoles with the original seal removed to be traded in? (Console does work)

Found 6th Apr
Picked up a bargain Xbox bundle near me and I was interested in trading in the console to buy a hard drive for my One X...

It is an original 500GB Xbox One with a third party controller... it is unboxed so matches the grading of a discounted console... the seal however is not the OG Xbox seal... it looks like a shop has possibly opened it as there is a third party white sticker... the console appears to work fine.

This is what it mentions:

Discounted - Any condition but must be fully working.
Chips, dents and scratches acceptable providing function is not impeded.
All essential accessories, any controller. Box not required.

Any help appreciated... Thank you.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments
I’m not sure how thorough cex’s checks are but I remember when trading in my old Xbox one at game they did check the seal was intact. So I’m guessing this may effect the total amount they will offer you
Original Poster
andy1861864 m ago

I’m not sure how thorough cex’s checks are but I remember when trading in m …I’m not sure how thorough cex’s checks are but I remember when trading in my old Xbox one at game they did check the seal was intact. So I’m guessing this may effect the total amount they will offer you

Thanks for the response. It does state above for CeX Any condition but must be fully working - E.g Someone could have got it repaired by an independent shop if there was a fault.

The other grading is basically boxed and unboxed so I believe discounted is the worse grading... I feel they should state the seal should be intact if thats what they require.

I will have to wait about an hour for them to open after work... not sure to risk or not.
loopylloyd3 h, 40 m ago

Thanks for the response. It does state above for CeX Any condition but …Thanks for the response. It does state above for CeX Any condition but must be fully working - E.g Someone could have got it repaired by an independent shop if there was a fault.The other grading is basically boxed and unboxed so I believe discounted is the worse grading... I feel they should state the seal should be intact if thats what they require.I will have to wait about an hour for them to open after work... not sure to risk or not.

Yeah it does sound pretty vague. Guess you could always take it in purely to be valued and if you are happy with what they offer you then you can accept. If not keep it and maybe sell privately
Got nothing to lose
Original Poster
andy18618641 m ago

Yeah it does sound pretty vague. Guess you could always take it in purely …Yeah it does sound pretty vague. Guess you could always take it in purely to be valued and if you are happy with what they offer you then you can accept. If not keep it and maybe sell privately Got nothing to lose

They are giving £84... prior to picking it up I thought it was low considering a first party controller sells for £30 easily on the FB marketplace.. so I was going to try and sell the console as unit only but seeing as the consoles been opened and has a wired PDP controller I may as well try my luck with CeX! Just got to wait around till they open. Thanks mate.
You can buy security seals off ebay.
Original Poster
kester7642 m ago

You can buy security seals off ebay.

I’m not worried to go to that extent. I’ll sell locally if so.
In my experience the first thing they check is the security seal. I think that they will see it's broken and that's as far as they'll go.
Original Poster
redcantona11 h, 41 m ago

In my experience the first thing they check is the security seal. I think …In my experience the first thing they check is the security seal. I think that they will see it's broken and that's as far as they'll go.

Hearing the same from a popular FB gaming page... selling it to a mate... its a nice little unit... works fine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions