Do CEX give a higher cash price for sealed games?

Found 16th Dec 2011
Got some games that i want to sell as im not going to get round to play them, im just wondering whether i will get a higher price is they are still sealed at cex?
Community Updates
MiscPrice Glitch
13 Comments
no, think they get moody if the games are still sealed, or they did when i last tried it
no, they will just rip the seal off with their grubby hands, cough on the disc, and then hand it back to you.
Edited by: "manc80" 16th Dec 2011
winifer

no, think they get moody if the games are still sealed, or they did when … no, think they get moody if the games are still sealed, or they did when i last tried it

moody? why?
Depends on if the game is a use once only, like a World of Warcraft game, they'll only take if it's still sealed.
bob100

moody? why?

Kept saying about how they can't take sealed games, and got stroppy about me taking it off in front of them for no reason
If the game has (S) next to it on their website it has to be sold to them as sealed and they do give a higher price.

However in general, no, they don't usually give higher prices for sealed goods.
bob100

moody? why?

They may think you're trying to pull a fast one. Either way, they will rip the seal and not give you a different price.
ok thanks
They get a ton of shop lifted games that are still sealed so assume the worst.
nope...
I saw a man attempt to sell a sealed game, then the cashier unsealed it and only after doing so, did he inform the patron that they had too many of that particular game in stock. That was a waste; the value has instantly gone down to anybody else potentially interested, and he was understandably irritated.

Edited by: "Breadboy" 16th Dec 2011
What if they rip the seal off and say they have no cash, cash being the thing you entered the shop for?
Civic EG6

What if they rip the seal off and say they have no cash, cash being the … What if they rip the seal off and say they have no cash, cash being the thing you entered the shop for?

They usually ask you before you hand anything over if you're after cash or exchange.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants