Do CEX take in laptops that's not on there website?

Found 4th Aug
I want to sell my laptop it's around £800 ao.com/pro…ype
I got it last week brand new and the condition is in pristine condition basically like new and I typed in the exact model on CEX but nothing is showing up I was wondering do they take items that's not on there website? if yes how much would they take my laptop? I'm looking around £500? will they take it? appreciate everyone's help
Community Updates
AskLaptop
21 Comments
Yes they will take it, they just need to do a price request which takes around 15min. It’s highly unlikely they will give you 500 cash for it (possibly credit though) If it’s only a week old why not just return to get the 800 back?
Edited by: "geforce" 4th Aug
Sometimes, they don't put things on their website but it's available in store. Similar thing happened to the SNES Classic Mini's.

However, CeX's search feature can be even worse than HUKD, so try different search terms too.
geforce11 m ago

Yes they will take it, they just need to do a price request which takes …Yes they will take it, they just need to do a price request which takes around 15min. It’s highly unlikely they will give you 500 cash for it (possibly credit though) If it’s only a week old why not just return to get the 800 back?

Oh I see. How much you think I can get it for cash? It's highly speced for a ultrabook. 8th gen
You bought a laptop for £800 a week ago and want to trade it for £500. What is the full story?
windym1 m ago

You bought a laptop for £800 a week ago and want to trade it for £500. W …You bought a laptop for £800 a week ago and want to trade it for £500. What is the full story?

Stoooooooooolen!
ktm6664th Aug

Stoooooooooolen!

I robbed curry at gunpoint and threaten the staff with a pocket knife
windym8 m ago

You bought a laptop for £800 a week ago and want to trade it for £500. W …You bought a laptop for £800 a week ago and want to trade it for £500. What is the full story?

It's a birthday gift from my auntie. Please don't tell her
Sophia199311 m ago

That's a rich auntie!
Sophia199350 m ago

Oh I see. How much you think I can get it for cash? It's highly speced for …Oh I see. How much you think I can get it for cash? It's highly speced for a ultrabook. 8th gen

Hard to say. Personally I would sell it on eBay or gumtree.. that way I think you are much more likely to get over 500.
geforce4 m ago

Hard to say. Personally I would sell it on eBay or gumtree.. that way I …Hard to say. Personally I would sell it on eBay or gumtree.. that way I think you are much more likely to get over 500.

Fees and hasle :(((
windym1 h, 20 m ago

Probably got delivered a higher spec laptop by mistake
They pay £568 cash for the same model with double the ram and double the hard drive space, so £500 may be optimistic.
Yeah they normally have to get in touch with head office to get a price for you.
windym3 h, 6 m ago

Stolen
Don't trade it with them you ain't gonna get much
Wait for eBay £1 selling deal and sell after
You could always own up to your ‘Auntie’ and say you have other priorities right now.
If you sell it and she finds out, I can only imagine the ungrateful thoughts.
geforce14 h, 26 m ago

Yes they will take it, they just need to do a price request which takes …Yes they will take it, they just need to do a price request which takes around 15min. It’s highly unlikely they will give you 500 cash for it (possibly credit though) If it’s only a week old why not just return to get the 800 back?

Tell your Auntie that you have to return it because it's faulty. You're still well within the period for which you can return the item without hassle. CEX will not give you a fair price. If you insist on selling for a loss then eBay would be your best bet, fees aren't much and it's really not a hassle to sell on there. Either that or Facebook selling pages that are local to yourself.
Sophia199315 h, 24 m ago

Ask her for a receipt.
Sophia199315 h, 29 m ago

How old are you.. wait nvm I am gonna guess you're 25 years old
A £800 laptop is a lot for a 25th birthday present from auntie, maybe it was your auntie who robbed Curry's at gunpoint
I wonder if Ops auntie needs a pool boy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions