Do CEX Take Phones With Screen Delamination?

Posted 13th Sep
HI I'm currently upgrading my phone and wanted to sell my old Galaxy S5. It is in fully working condition, but has relatively bad delamination towards the bottom of the glass. Would CEX accept this as grade C, or non-working? Also, they currently offer about £60 for a grade C S5, but it doesn't say the offer price for a non-working phone, presumably because it depends on the fault, but what sort of price might I expect for it? If it isn't worth it, I'll just keep the phone as a spare.
3293970.jpg Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Would CEX take it? Well we all know they sell some bad stuff sometimes but not *that* bad.
I thought as much! Would they take it, even as faulty, or would I be better off selling it on eBay for a cheap price?
Well look, they wouldn't sell something in that condition so they aren't going to buy it from you with it in that condition, they don't take damaged or broken stuff. Just sell it on eBay or keep it for yourself as a spare phone.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 13th Sep
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it, I will probably end up selling it on eBay as I haven't got that much use for it.
Worth a visit isnt it. If not keep it as spare.
for sale "door stop"
Just out of interest; I haven't heard of screen delamination before. What causes it ?
there took my phone when it had slightly screen burn at top, but I say there wouldn't take this
They will take it, they class it as non working i have taken a phone in with a screen smashed to bits and was given a non working price.
Try envirofone
jco8314/09/2019 08:51

Just out of interest; I haven't heard of screen delamination before. What …Just out of interest; I haven't heard of screen delamination before. What causes it ?

Probably water or heat.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 14th Sep
jco8314/09/2019 08:51

Just out of interest; I haven't heard of screen delamination before. What …Just out of interest; I haven't heard of screen delamination before. What causes it ?

It actually happened when I dropped it once, from waist height onto concrete, without a case. At the time I had no idea about it either, and it's interesting how it didn't crack the glass, it just separated it from the layer below it. It started in the left corner and ever since then (about half a year ago) it has slowly spread with each tiny bump or vibration.
Ellis_Brewer14/09/2019 12:54

It actually happened when I dropped it once, from waist height onto …It actually happened when I dropped it once, from waist height onto concrete, without a case. At the time I had no idea about it either, and it's interesting how it didn't crack the glass, it just separated it from the layer below it. It started in the left corner and ever since then (about half a year ago) it has slowly spread with each tiny bump or vibration.

I’ve got a toe nail just like it
tje197814/09/2019 10:35

They will take it, they class it as non working i have taken a phone in …They will take it, they class it as non working i have taken a phone in with a screen smashed to bits and was given a non working price.

Last time I took and old phone in, they wouldn't accept it. It was in overall good condition. Screen was perfect. But they said there was some damage to the edge of the body (it was scratched). So surprised they would accept one with a damaged screen.
Edited by: "ra786" 14th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants