Groups
    EXPIRED

Do curry's sell off display models if you ask?

Left it a bit late but been let down at the last minute with a fridge freezer and I'm needing it for tomorrow, got a max budget of £150 - £200

Only place I can think of buying one is curry's but do you think if I ask for a display model they would sell me it at a discounted price?

18 Comments

Every time I have asked they never do.. You may have more luck.. I used to be in the "trade" and it was common practice to sell off a display model... Not now it seems..

They will sell you the display model but they won't discount it unless it's a discontinued line. That's because they need to reorder one to hold on display anyway so there's no incentive or reason for them to sell of display so no scope for discount.

Just ask which they have in stock for you to take home today

Banned

You sound like this.....
    hi I don't have any pants , can you take yours off so I can wear them

Original Poster

sofiasar

You sound like this.....hi I don't have any pants , can you take yours … You sound like this.....hi I don't have any pants , can you take yours off so I can wear them

Thank you for that very helpful comment but I was only asking for a bit of advice, like I said I got let down at the last minute so I'm kinda pushed for options

some places can deliver very quickly check out AO, or Boots, I found them both very good. (I think AO supply Boots but I got advantage card points as a bonus too)

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

why do you need it tomorrow, are you planning on killing someone and need … why do you need it tomorrow, are you planning on killing someone and need somewhere to store the body?

Well we get the keys in the morning, moving in tomorrow and not many places offer a Saturday or Sunday delivery so could do with it tomorrow

Check local paper for a cheap one.
    Are you taking it away with you from curry's?
    Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Original Poster

Southwest Scotland so I have the option of Dumfries or Carlisle

I wouldn't be taking it away tonight, would pay for it tonight and collect in the morning when I get a lend of a van off someone

Pick a second hand one up for £50 (are Scotland still using the £?) ;p
    Then when you're settled in buy a new one, don't forget cashback
    Give the old one away.

Or buy an ice box/bag or do a Bear Grils and dig a hole.

HtH.

Neo1607

Well we get the keys in the morning, moving in tomorrow and not many … Well we get the keys in the morning, moving in tomorrow and not many places offer a Saturday or Sunday delivery so could do with it tomorrow

Curry's deliver on Saturday and Sunday. AO let me down a few weeks ago so I cancelled and ordered from Curry's on Saturday lunchtime. Had the fridge Sunday lunchtime!

whatsThePoint

so not really a rush then, it won't kill you to go a few days without a … so not really a rush then, it won't kill you to go a few days without a fridge or freezer

Why are you being such a douche?

Original Poster

Where would be best to pick one up online around £200 max and with cashback

Currys have display models of all different items on sale in the store by me(Speke)

i have tried to purchase something before that has been on the shelf and been advised it is the last item and it couldn't be reduced or sold until they had more stock in

Banned

Yes, but only when it's a discontinued line, that won't be coming back into stock.

Original Poster

The assistant manager instore wasn't very helpful he just kept saying "head office says this" "head office says that"

Was trying to get him to knock another £20 off the clearance price of a fridge freezer that was heavily damaged but he wouldn't budge, obviously didn't want to cut into his commission. Think I will just order online instead

Neo1607

Well we get the keys in the morning, moving in tomorrow and not many … Well we get the keys in the morning, moving in tomorrow and not many places offer a Saturday or Sunday delivery so could do with it tomorrow

Appliances Online deliver on both Saturdays and Sundays, and I'm pretty certain delivery is free too.

Original Poster

Managed to pick one up from an independent retailer, got £250 knocked off coz it's a refurbished one but it comes with a year warranty :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened68
      2. Xbox One S or Xbox One X88
      3. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?56
      4. Cheapest Fifa 18 Digital code?22

See more discussions