Groups

Do eBay ever make goodwill gestures?

I've been locked out of buying anything on eBay for a few days due to a glitch on their part. As a result, I've been unable to bid on anything, and thus I've missed out on several items I had been watching for days.

I am hoping to get a call today to tell me this has been sorted. I feel they should offer some sort of goodwill gesture to make up for their error which resulted in missed opportunities for me. Do eBay ever do that sort of thing? It being eBay, I doubt it.

14 Comments

I've never had any good will gestures from them, However I've never really asked.

Is it April fools day already...

He who dares.... (_;)

Ask when they ring, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Original Poster

loopylloyd

Ask when they ring, nothing ventured nothing gained.

I should have realised that by far the most plausible outcome is that they won't ring at all. I'm close to just deleting my account, to be honest.

Ferris

I should have realised that by far the most plausible outcome is that … I should have realised that by far the most plausible outcome is that they won't ring at all. I'm close to just deleting my account, to be honest.

Question is - how can any sensible person be "locked out" of bidding on Ebay? You clearly must have done something to be blocked from bidding! I've been an Ebayer for years and never had issues or know anyone with issues (except the odd "returns faulty/fake goods").

Original Poster

philphil61

Question is - how can any sensible person be "locked out" of bidding on … Question is - how can any sensible person be "locked out" of bidding on Ebay? You clearly must have done something to be blocked from bidding! I've been an Ebayer for years and never had issues or know anyone with issues (except the odd "returns faulty/fake goods").

Because I bought a few things where I paid immediately but the seller went on to cancel the sale (didn't make enough on it, or whatever). If the seller claims they are out of stock they can cancel unilaterally without needing the buyer's agreement. As they were refunded, and apparently due to a glitch, those items are now showing as unpaid, and even eBay frontline staff who agree it's an anomaly can't do anything to get those items to stop affecting my account. There is a persistent old myth that eBay always favours the buyer. As a seller and buyer with nearly 10 years' unblemished record, I can categorically say that isn't true.

But if it's easier for you, then YEAH! It's all my fault! I'm clearly not sensible! It's all my fault!

Edited by: "Ferris" 13th Jan 2015

Banned

Good luck getting anything out of ebay, bar a ban.

Wish the day would come where they would go under..

E-bay don't sell anything.
    They are just a middle party.
    As you don't pay fees to ebay as a buyer, you won't get anything from them.

Original Poster

nacho99

E-bay don't sell anything.They are just a middle party.As you don't pay … E-bay don't sell anything.They are just a middle party.As you don't pay fees to ebay as a buyer, you won't get anything from them.

Yeah, I figured as much. I was just wondering if anybody had had any positive experiences. Oh well. They still haven't called me back, and I am still glitched out of bargains.

eBay do sometimes do goodwill gestures, they have once for me (recently). But it doesn't happen often by the looks of things. You should ask for like a £5 or £10 eBay credit, that is good enough for the problem you have had. Speak with a manager if you don't get anywhere at first. HTH.

Transformers

eBay do sometimes do goodwill gestures, they have once for me (recently). … eBay do sometimes do goodwill gestures, they have once for me (recently). But it doesn't happen often by the looks of things. You should ask for like a £5 or £10 eBay credit, that is good enough for the problem you have had. Speak with a manager if you don't get anywhere at first. HTH.

Was your good will gesture as a seller or a buyer?

nacho99

Was your good will gesture as a seller or a buyer?

A buyer.

Original Poster

Transformers

A buyer.

What was the situation?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.11
      2. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)45
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X810