Do fake game controllers occur on Ebay?

Found 13th May
I am thinking of purchasing the 8bitdo Zero which is only £7.49 on Ebay, which is a lot less than other retailers. It is also from China. Does this it is a fake? Is there any way of telling? Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
If it’s on eBay there is always the possibility it is fake
I'm convinced most things on eBay are fake so have not used it for years
Highly likely and don’t forget you may end up paying import charges and VAT along with an admin fee which can be up to £15 so usually best to get it from a UK seller.
I haven't even looked at the link and I'm 100% sure it's a fake.

Cheaper than anyone else and from China = fake goods.
cmdr_elito23 m ago

Highly likely and don’t forget you may end up paying import charges and V …Highly likely and don’t forget you may end up paying import charges and VAT along with an admin fee which can be up to £15 so usually best to get it from a UK seller.

Nah... This is under £15 so no VAT or import charges to pay.
Edited by: "hearts22" 13th May
hearts2211 m ago

I haven't even looked at the link and I'm 100% sure it's a fake.Cheaper …I haven't even looked at the link and I'm 100% sure it's a fake.Cheaper than anyone else and from China = fake goods.Nah... This is under £15 so no VAT or import charges to pay.

Doesn’t matter what they put on it anymore, if they look it up at UK prices and it’s more that’s what you get charged even for the fake.
cmdr_elito41 m ago

Doesn’t matter what they put on it anymore, if they look it up at UK p …Doesn’t matter what they put on it anymore, if they look it up at UK prices and it’s more that’s what you get charged even for the fake.

Pretty improbable if it's sent via slow post as these are sent (clue... free delivery).

There's pricier stuff routinely sent as mp3 players that arrives to buyers unnoticed. They rarely inspect these.

There would be more of a chance if they used a courier like DHL etc.
Yes fake items do appear on ebay.

As for the item being from china, doesnt automatically mean its a fake. Most genuine items are made there

Ive contacted the manufacters a few times on items in china cutting out the middle man saving a fortune. Not always possible but does work
hearts222 h, 16 m ago

Pretty improbable if it's sent via slow post as these are sent (clue... …Pretty improbable if it's sent via slow post as these are sent (clue... free delivery). There's pricier stuff routinely sent as mp3 players that arrives to buyers unnoticed. They rarely inspect these. There would be more of a chance if they used a courier like DHL etc.

There’s been a fair few people posting on here who have been stung receiving low value items in the post, one in particular said they only paid £1 and had an admin fee and duty charged.
Looks fake, the product dimensions, weight and battery capacity are different to those detailed on the official 8bitdo.com website. Looks like they’ve just copied and pasted the pictures onto their eBay advert to fool people.
What about Amazon, do they suffer from fakes as well?
kutekitty1 h, 2 m ago

What about Amazon, do they suffer from fakes as well?

Yes, if from a marketplace seller it's possible
jamie01513th May

Yes, if from a marketplace seller it's possible

But regular Amazon (non Marketplace) is safe? (Not just fulfilled by Amazon, but the real Amazon).
cmdr_elito3 h, 32 m ago

There’s been a fair few people posting on here who have been stung r …There’s been a fair few people posting on here who have been stung receiving low value items in the post, one in particular said they only paid £1 and had an admin fee and duty charged.

The majority of things goes through fine. I said improbable not impossible.
kutekitty45 m ago

But regular Amazon (non Marketplace) is safe? (Not just fulfilled by …But regular Amazon (non Marketplace) is safe? (Not just fulfilled by Amazon, but the real Amazon).

Yeah, they're fine, no problems with them. FBA is okay(ish) too in the sense that Amazon handle customer service and returns but can't vouch for authenticity.
EBay equals fake. Never buy from ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants