Groups

Do Game keep serial numbers?

Bought a new PS4 Slim yesterday. Would Game know if I took my current one back to them as it's faulty and claimed ignorance that it was the one I bought yesterday? I bought it 6 months ago from them and they wouldn't help me. Thanks.

30 Comments

Can you not just contact Sony and get it repaired under warranty?

Schum bag

Original Poster

No because Game should have been more helpful with me. They'd just claim it back from Sony anyway right? I don't want to scam anyone, I was just checking.

'If' you bought it there I am pretty sure they have a 12 month warranty on hardware so you should go back in otherwise contact Sony but like mixmixi said that is scamming. I have had a console replaced by Game within a week of the warranty expiring.

Original Poster

I don't the receipt for it. I guess I'll have to go to Sony then.

Why buy another from them anyway, when they've already let you down once?

Go back to Sony. This is also one of the reasons you should give an email so you get an e-receipt.

Ultimately you have no proof of purchase so why should GAME help you?

Worth a try!

basically its fraud

superfreddy

I guess you haven't registered prior to purchase as CEX save your purchases on account, maybe Game follow suite.

Isn't the serial number from the console printed on the box you'd be taking it back in? And it may be on the receipt you'd be using too!

Dude, just get a psp and play Gameboy ROMs. Bart's escape from camp deadly is my favourite game on Gameboy. Allow Ps4, rather watch some Neeson movies instead.

i would be shocked if game don't log all the serial numbers from any new hardware device. Amazon do it with consoles and I know my local Argos do too.

It's fraud, contact Sony. Chances are your console will probably have been made, or shipped, less than 12 months ago

Legend, game deserve stuff like this to happen

Yes all serials for hardware are stored via the warehouse stocking database which all stores have central access to. This will show the original sale if it was purchased via Game, the trade in and the re-sale.

MrCollective

Yes all serials for hardware are stored via the warehouse stocking … Yes all serials for hardware are stored via the warehouse stocking database which all stores have central access to. This will show the original sale if it was purchased via Game, the trade in and the re-sale.

^ what he said

I contacted game about an xbox one elite controller being faulty and they gave me a £150 gift card just for the controller being faulty and i even got to keep the controller too, i contacted them over the phone and i didn't even have to go and show them my controller they just took my word for it, but in your case yes they keep serial numbers and its also on your receipt so they will check it when you take it in, its under warranty anyway so they have to do something, tell them if they don't get it repaired or replaced your gonna seek legal advice and they'll soon sort it out for you.

jail time is what you deserve ya schister.

You can use your bank/credit card statement as proof of purchase as well.

benrobertsno1

jail time is what you deserve ya schister.

​Stole a sweet, got put into a cage with career criminals and mass murderers. Makes sense.

Pacman786

Stole a sweet, got put into a cage with career criminals and mass … Stole a sweet, got put into a cage with career criminals and mass murderers. Makes sense.

Oh, sure, NOW he's just a little boy stealing little toys. But some day, he'll be a grown man stealing stadiums and... and quarries.

i.imgur.com/WyG…igh

Edited by: "TheNoid" 14th May

superfreddy

Didn't you get a reward card when you bought it, if you did they will have your order history, if you sign up online and link it to your reward card you can see your order history.

I'm sure the slim has been out for less than a year, Sony should be able to replace or repair it for you.

TheNoid

Oh, sure, NOW he's just a little boy stealing little toys. But some day, … Oh, sure, NOW he's just a little boy stealing little toys. But some day, he'll be a grown man stealing stadiums and... and quarries.https://i.imgur.com/WyGW0aJ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

​Which movie is that? Sounds good to me.

Pacman786

Which movie is that? Sounds good to me.

Simpsons ref, click the link. It was Don Brodka security guard that said it about Bart.

You would only ask this question if you was seriously thinking about doing it.

superfreddy

Remember it's the retailer your recourse is with and not Sony. Don't let them fob you off.

TheNoid

Simpsons ref, click the link. It was Don Brodka security guard that said … Simpsons ref, click the link. It was Don Brodka security guard that said it about Bart.

​Silly me, didn't click the link.

Fraud by false representation eh... Good luck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      3. GAP Insurance Recommendations22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1019

See more discussions