Do I get BT WiFi with my vodafone UK deal?

Found 20th Feb 2016
I ordered this recent offer: Vodafone 20GB Sim Only, was £40 now £20pm. Incl free Spotify, Netflix, Now TV or Sky Sports £240.00. Need to know if I get BT WIFI? If so, how does it work and what are the limitations?

Thank you

1. Ask
  2. Vodafone
17 Comments

I doubt you would get any type of WiFi with a sim only deal.

Original Poster

Some people are saying you do some arent, i wish someone could tell me

WestMidlands

Some people are saying you do some arent, i wish someone could tell me

Who is saying you get free WiFi? You can access WiFi and Vodafone do their own broadband now but that is a completely different thing from a sim only deal. Unless I am misunderstanding what you're asking or missing something then surely what you were sold is a sim card.

Original Poster

clairlh88

Who is saying you get free WiFi? You can access WiFi and Vodafone do … Who is saying you get free WiFi? You can access WiFi and Vodafone do their own broadband now but that is a completely different thing from a sim only deal. Unless I am misunderstanding what you're asking or missing something then surely what you were sold is a sim card.

See this thread:
hotukdeals.com/dea…695

Is it the Red Value 20gb bundle?

I still don't see how or why you think it comes with BT WiFi with a sim only deal. The Vodafone website lists what is included in the deal.

I was told I got access to bt wifi hotspots when I was with Vodafone, after months of arguing with them it never happened, basically they lied to get the contract, needless to say I'm no longer with them.

westy125

I was told I got access to bt wifi hotspots when I was with Vodafone, … I was told I got access to bt wifi hotspots when I was with Vodafone, after months of arguing with them it never happened, basically they lied to get the contract, needless to say I'm no longer with them.

​if you have a plan that gives you free access you can access a hotshot when in range of one. that itself isn't BT WiFi it just allows access:

BT offers a nationwide network of wireless hotspots that can be accessed for a fee. We have an agreement that our customers with eligible plans can use this network for no extra charge up to their inclusive allowance of Wi-Fi each month.

How do I connect to a hotspot?

On a laptop, tablet or Windows® Phone™,
First, make sure you have your phone’s Wi-Fi turned on. Then open your browser and log in with your My Vodafone username and password. If you haven’t got your username or password yet, you’ll need to .  It’s well worth it, as you’ll then be able to do lots of useful stuff online – like checking your balance, paying your bills, upgrading your phone, and accessing Vodafone VIP and Freebee Rewardz. 

On an Android™ or BlackBerry® phone
You can either connect in the same way, or do so even more easily by .. Then - when you're in range and your Wi-Fi is turned on - your phone will connect automatically to the nearest BT Wi-fi hotspot.

On an iPhone or iPad
Here, all you need to do is turn on Wi-Fi on your device when you're in a hotspot. Then your iPhone or iPad will connect to it automatically

Please remember that you can only connect to and use the inclusive service in BT Wi-fi Premium hotspots. This doesn’t include BT Business or BT FON hotspots, which could either refuse to give you access or charge for it.

Does the new Deal have this as part of the data plan? if not then your answer is you don't have free access to BT WiFi hotshots.

*hotspots

westy125

I was told I got access to bt wifi hotspots when I was with Vodafone, … I was told I got access to bt wifi hotspots when I was with Vodafone, after months of arguing with them it never happened, basically they lied to get the contract, needless to say I'm no longer with them.

​sorry, thought I was replying to OP

Yes it does come with free BT wifi, if you down load My Vodafone app and login it will tell you when where they are but do bear in mind you can not connect to all BT WiFi hubbs

Original Poster

So how does this work and what's the limit

WestMidlands

So how does this work and what's the limit

​see my post that says 'how do I connect to a BT hotspot'

I have 1Gb BT wifi from hot spots per month with Vodafone.

Agree with above, bt WiFi is included

Original Poster

So is it 1gb wifi

WestMidlands

So is it 1gb wifi

Ask your provider....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants