Groups

Do I get compound interest on the following accounts?

Bank of Scotland Vantage
    TSB current account
    Nationwide FlexDirect

Do I earn interest on the interest on these accounts or should I move interest to my main account (Santander)?

TIA.

4 Comments

They only offer interest up to a certain balance. Any £ above this earns no interest, whether it was transferred in or interest earned in the account. I have a 'full' Nationwide Flexdirect, I put £2,500 in and every month I transfer the earned interest out.

Original Poster

Muir

They only offer interest up to a certain balance. Any £ above this earns … They only offer interest up to a certain balance. Any £ above this earns no interest, whether it was transferred in or interest earned in the account. I have a 'full' Nationwide Flexdirect, I put £2,500 in and every month I transfer the earned interest out.

Thank you.

Vantage account only pays interest up to a balance of £5k @ 2% Santander pays 1.5% up to £20k alsohas a monthly fee. So all depends on how much cash u have to stash.

Original Poster

melmacl

Vantage account only pays interest up to a balance of £5k @ 2% Santander … Vantage account only pays interest up to a balance of £5k @ 2% Santander pays 1.5% up to £20k alsohas a monthly fee. So all depends on how much cash u have to stash.

Thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc34
      2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34
      3. Car park fine UKPC66
      4. Where is cheapest place for Fifa 18 PS4?11

See more discussions