Groups

Do I get free parking with National Trust whilst I wait for my welcome pack?

I'm thinking of joining and it says you get a temporary card by email and have to wait 21 days for the welcome pack. Do I still get free parking for those sites which qualify?

Also, when does the membership start? Is it when you buy the membership or when you visit the first place?

TIA.

8 Comments

If I recall correctly, there was a document that you could download and print off, which you then displayed on your dashboard until the welcome pack arrived. This means that you can still park for free in the interim.
    Your membership starts when you buy it, it is not dependent on you visiting a National Trust property.

Original Poster

Mghf

If I recall correctly, there was a document that you could download and … If I recall correctly, there was a document that you could download and print off, which you then displayed on your dashboard until the welcome pack arrived. This means that you can still park for free in the interim. Your membership starts when you buy it, it is not dependent on you visiting a National Trust property.

Thanks!

Yeah you normally just print the email you get but.....
    they've changed the parking this year , you normally show your car sticker and possibly flash the card.
    the newsletter I read said they are putting machines into their car parks where you swipe your membership card so not sure how that would work with a temp one.

Original Poster

stefromuk

Yeah you normally just print the email you get but.....they've changed … Yeah you normally just print the email you get but.....they've changed the parking this year , you normally show your car sticker and possibly flash the card.the newsletter I read said they are putting machines into their car parks where you swipe your membership card so not sure how that would work with a temp one.

Thanks, didn't know that.

Was looking at joining just for the parking at the beaches around Cornwall and Formby etc would buying a single membership suffice even though I'd be a with the family, Don't plan on going to any sites/houses it's just for the parking.
    Thanks

Original Poster

ndksamb

Was looking at joining just for the parking at the beaches around … Was looking at joining just for the parking at the beaches around Cornwall and Formby etc would buying a single membership suffice even though I'd be a with the family, Don't plan on going to any sites/houses it's just for the parking.Thanks

I would probably say no (unless you do a lot of parking?).

ndksamb

Was looking at joining just for the parking at the beaches around … Was looking at joining just for the parking at the beaches around Cornwall and Formby etc would buying a single membership suffice even though I'd be a with the family, Don't plan on going to any sites/houses it's just for the parking.Thanks

​Yep, if you are only taking advantage of the car parking facilities then a single membership is all you need, just put the sticker in the window of your car. I use my membership in exactly this way for dog walking on local National Trust land where the car parking charge is equivalent to an entire month's membership! Obviously if you wanted to gain admission to the properties themselves then only yourself would be covered and anybody who accompanied you would need to pay the appropriate admission charge.

Mghf

​Yep, if you are only taking advantage of the car parking facilities then … ​Yep, if you are only taking advantage of the car parking facilities then a single membership is all you need, just put the sticker in the window of your car. I use my membership in exactly this way for dog walking on local National Trust land where the car parking charge is equivalent to an entire month's membership! Obviously if you wanted to gain admission to the properties themselves then only yourself would be covered and anybody who accompanied you would need to pay the appropriate admission charge.

Thanks for reply, I'll get one sorted over the next day or so.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions