Groups

Do I have a Faulty Wii ? - Help

Banned
    Hi Guys, I bought a Wii off ebay supposedly fully working, I've just turned it on and have no picture on the screen, also the power button stays red and the drive flash blue when I press the on button....

Am I doing something wrong or is it faulty?

Thanks

22 Comments

sounds like its faulty to me id complain to ebay saying item not described and try gettin ya momey back

Is it chipped?

Banned

drive does flash blue either went inserting or ejecting a cd, power button is red when its on i do believe?? try changing scart and make sure TV is on right AV channel

Original Poster Banned

linda turnock;5250576

sounds like its faulty to me id complain to ebay saying item not … sounds like its faulty to me id complain to ebay saying item not described and try gettin ya momey back

Sounds nice but it was no paypal which is why it was so cheap, they guy isn't replying...It was £70 boxed with controller and nunchuck...was advertised as working though so was hoping it was a simply fix?

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;5250588

Is it chipped?

Don't think so, How do I check?

Original Poster Banned

gsettle24;5250594

drive does flash blue either went inserting or ejecting a cd, power … drive does flash blue either went inserting or ejecting a cd, power button is red when its on i do believe?? try changing scart and make sure TV is on right AV channel

It won't let me insert a CD, It did originally have the Wii Sports in it which I ejected and I haven;'t been able to do anything since

Zootaga;5250601

Don't think so, How do I check?

Not sure unless its already been opened though I wouldn't do that if its arrived faulty.

Sounds like a Video chip error.

I think there is such a thing as wii red light of death.

I would check the cable, as It could been set to some stupid composite cable.

Would hold down the power when you turn it on and check the cables setup correctly.

Original Poster Banned

Just tried it again, this time it powered up, but still no picture? the screen is black.....it's deffinately the right channel?

Zootaga;5250651

Just tried it again, this time it powered up, but still no picture? the … Just tried it again, this time it powered up, but still no picture? the screen is black.....it's deffinately the right channel?

What cable is it?

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;5250654

What cable is it?

It's the standard composite cable

Original Poster Banned

Arghh...Now when I push the power button it just makes a clicking noise and the blue drive light flashes, it doesn't power up?

Zootaga;5250692

It's the standard composite cable

What TV?

I would check its correclty put in and if you have a mate borrow his cable or his tv.

Make sure its on the right AV before you go anywhere too:thumbsup:.

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;5250714

What TV?I would check its correclty put in and if you have a mate borrow … What TV?I would check its correclty put in and if you have a mate borrow his cable or his tv.Make sure its on the right AV before you go anywhere too:thumbsup:.

I tried on my Samsung plasma downstaires and then my Toshiba in the bedroom, both registering a signal but the screen stays black...gonna ring nintendo..>Thanks

Do the wiimotes sync up? Do you hear any sound?

It does sound as if its just not outputting at the right resolution or something. You could try a soft reset by holding the reset button 2/3 seconds, not sure if that will help.

Banned

did it work at the geeza's house?

Original Poster Banned

Just noticed the power supply isn't a genuine Nintendo...Could it be as silly as this?

Original Poster Banned

PhearFactor;5250781

Do the wiimotes sync up? Do you hear any sound?It does sound as if its … Do the wiimotes sync up? Do you hear any sound?It does sound as if its just not outputting at the right resolution or something. You could try a soft reset by holding the reset button 2/3 seconds, not sure if that will help.

Nope they don't, although not 100% am doing it right, this is the first wii I have had so not easy without a picture

Original Poster Banned

hippoface;5250786

did it work at the geeza's house?

not sure, he posted it to me...he says it did though

Zootaga;5250840

not sure, he posted it to me...he says it did though

Just whine to ebay seems like its a refit from gamestation or game.

zootaga, have you any friends with wii's? maybe go to there house and try it on there channel, even try it with their power pack etc then you will definetly know if it faulty or not.

Original Poster Banned

boza;5251010

zootaga, have you any friends with wii's? maybe go to there house and try … zootaga, have you any friends with wii's? maybe go to there house and try it on there channel, even try it with their power pack etc then you will definetly know if it faulty or not.

Yeah, am gonna try this out, process of illimination I guess

you say it's making a clicking noise ? You also say you ejected the wii sports disc ??? have you put any other disc in ? You say you can't put another disc in it...do you mean when you try it just wont accept it...what about with a little push ?? Sounds to me like the cogs are gone on your drive and if thats the case then you would need to send it somewhere to get a new drive installed. Mine did the same thing but i could manually put a disc in but it would eject it as it would just make a clicking noise.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2460
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846375
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767298
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***721

See more discussions