Expired

Do i have to activate John Lewis tv guarantee

Found 17th Feb 2014
So i brought a tv from john lewis that came with a 5 year guarantee included. I was wondering do i have to activate the guarantee or anything or when something happens to my tv do i just email them or ring them up with my receipt. Sorry if its a silly question never brought from them before help would be much appreciated!

just to add its a Samsung TV if that helps at all?!
Community Updates
3 Comments
No, your delivery number will be suffice

If it wasn't delivered you'll have transaction details that'll tie up with your purchase, and on your paperwork if it was bought Instore, you'll have a CR (Customer Reference) number, which again can be accessed to see the purchase date for warranty etc
Edited by: "dbhoy" 17th Feb 2014
How does it work?

During the guarantee period, if your product develops a fault that needs to be repaired, look for visible signs of the breakdown and consult the fault-finding guide in the manufacturer's handbook, if any.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact your local John Lewis shop and talk to one of our Partners. You’ll need to provide us with details of your item, including the model number and date of purchase. You’ll find all of this information on our original receipt – this acts as your guarantee, so please make sure you keep it safe.

If we can’t repair your item, we’ll replace it with an item of equivalent specification. If no equivalent product is available we‘ll discuss an alternative settlement with you, and we’ll always do our best to make sure that you’re satisfied with the outcome.
Recently used my 5 year guarantee with John Lewis. Nearly 5 year old tv beyond economic repair (Sony Bravia). Full refund so no problem. Used towards new one with JL again, but avoided Sony for the first time for ages. No longer convinced they have the upper hand as rivals have caught up in my view.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants