Groups

Do I have to make a trip to London?

Okay I'm looking for a short break in Tunisia with the Mrs, she don'thave a British passport right now and the closest tunisian embassy is in London. I'm from Birmingham.

I rang the folks at the embassy who told me I can't post my application to them I must go down. Surely theres a service of somesort that caters for this? I'll be calling my immigration solicitor on Monday to see if there is something he can do, in the meantime I would greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone may have.

Zak

5 Comments

Wow, I'm amazed that you have an immigration solicitor!!

The Tunisian Embassy is in London, therefore you will have to go there for them to issue a passport (if, indeed, they provide this service).

Original Poster

They do issue tourist visas there,what I was getting at was other avenues that I might be able to take e.g using a solicitor.

It depends on her What countries passport she has at present....different countries different rules.

There are agencies what deal with visa's and such like out they but they charge a lot..again this depends on her current passport

i don't have a UK passport, when I needed my Brazillian visa they told me that I had to visit them or have someone apply on my behalf. I got a travel agent to do it for me. They charge a fee though.

Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have decided to go with a Visa agency as recommended. I understand that they would charge a fee, and the visa itself would have it's own fee but I don't mind this within reason.

Having said that, can anyone recommend such a service?

Zak.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1832
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463
      4. One thing you've forgotten56

See more discussions