Do I just have to live with this??

Found 8th Mar 2012
Ok, not a major amount of money or anything but for me it's the principle!
I recieved this email just now from Paypal saying that they're taking £3 from my account due to it being fraudulent from a sale back in June 2008!!
Dear hannah ******,

We have conducted an investigation regarding a payment you received in your PayPal account. This investigation determined that those funds were fraudulent. Therefore we have completed a reversal of the payment and removed the funds from the following transaction from your account.
Transaction Date: Jun 15, 2008 08:13:08 CDT
Transaction Amount: £2.94 GBP
Buyer's Email:

Yours sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PPID PP222

What's that all about? Why has it taken almost 4 years?? I can't email them back or anything and I'm sure they wouldn't be bothered even if I did but don't you think it's wrong to just take it without giving any info or reasoning??
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. Paypal
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Paypal
24 Comments
Sure you're going to sleep ok tonight?
did you check your paypal account? might be a scam email.

btw, i'd remove the buyers email address!
Banned
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ try the above
Original Poster
nicster08

did you check your paypal account? might be a scam email.btw, i'd remove … did you check your paypal account? might be a scam email.btw, i'd remove the buyers email address!

They deserve everything they get!

Ok ok spose ur right, will do now x
might wana pull the other person's email out.....
were u having a dispute? check resolution centre
Yes, possibly a scam email. Did you check your actual account?
Original Poster
Will check myy paypal account then, but don't reckon it's a scam or anything as there are no links or anything are there. Not sure it's even worth the hassle for the sake of £3 anyway to be honest it just annoys me!
never ever use paypal
Original Poster
magicbeans

might wana pull the other person's email out.....were u having a dispute? … might wana pull the other person's email out.....were u having a dispute? check resolution centre

No not that I know of but then again it was 4 years ago so who knows! (sigh smiley added here)
Banned

Hold on, you typed:

Ok, not a major amount of money or anything but for me it's the … Ok, not a major amount of money or anything but for me it's the principle! I recieved this email just now from Paypal saying that they're taking £3 from my account due to it being fraudulent from a sale back in June 2008!! Dear hannah ******, We have conducted an investigation regarding a payment you received in your PayPal account. This investigation determined that those funds were fraudulent. Therefore we have completed a reversal of the payment and removed the funds from the following transaction from your account.Transaction Date: Jun 15, 2008 08:13:08 CDT Transaction Amount: £2.94 GBP Buyer's Email: Yours sincerely, PayPal Account Review Department Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page. Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349 PPID PP222 What's that all about? Why has it taken almost 4 years?? I can't email them back or anything and I'm sure they wouldn't be bothered even if I did but don't you think it's wrong to just take it without giving any info or reasoning??

Without checking your PayPal account?
I would be writing a massive complaints email to Paypal, it's there responsibility not yours to check the users for fraudulent transactions. One of the reasons I hate selling on ebay.
2008??? Mother you know whaters.
Original Poster
Nope...they've defo taken it!
Original Poster
JonnyTwoToes

Hold on, you typed:Without checking your PayPal account?

LMAO most of that what copy and paste X)
i wouldn't reply to it, sounds like a scam. check you're account first.
Original Poster
Alfonse

never ever use paypal

Tbh, I hardly ever do anymore....sick of ebay these days. But what other choice have you got - everyone wants paypal security don't they?

Adam2050

I would be writing a massive complaints email to Paypal, it's there … I would be writing a massive complaints email to Paypal, it's there responsibility not yours to check the users for fraudulent transactions. One of the reasons I hate selling on ebay.

So would I only I'm not all that good with stuff like that, might try and call them though, I'm better on the phone!

splatsplatsplat

2008??? Mother you know whaters.

Er...? lol
Original Poster
woody3765

i wouldn't reply to it, sounds like a scam. check you're account first.

Have done..........it's gone!
hannah19790

Have done..........it's gone!

Well in that case, they are pathetic just doing this now. and not giving the reason for why they did so. like some have said complain to paypal. but weather they reply may be a different matter. the idiots....
You have Bieber fever.
Original Poster
greg_68

You have Bieber fever.

I do??
Original Poster
woody3765

Well in that case, they are pathetic just doing this now. and not giving … Well in that case, they are pathetic just doing this now. and not giving the reason for why they did so. like some have said complain to paypal. but weather they reply may be a different matter. the idiots....

Yh, will take a look at it later I think. Thanks for all ur comments xx
sedd33

lol, there you go me muckers. how many times have i banged about paypal … lol, there you go me muckers. how many times have i banged about paypal being a bunch of crooks.happened to me took back £300 3 years later just like that and used the e"fraudalent funds" excuse. paypal screw private sellers

no, your wrong, they screw everyone (except themselves)

i managed to break through their firewall of cut&paste replies, and claw back a measly couple of quid, that morally I should have not lost. The email that won the case, I said in all the years of being with them, I have not once seen them take a hit financially or give any kind of "gesture of goodwill" over a dispute/claim (not that I get/start many) they act neutral when problems occur, but take a nice juicy chunk out of each payment.

cut&paste kings of t'internet.
call them & ask...it's really out of order 2 take money from ur account after 4 years....i don't think this is legal....i would double check....i know is only £4, but it could have been a bigger amount!!! gd luck.
Original Poster
splatsplatsplat

no, your wrong, they screw everyone (except themselves)i managed to break … no, your wrong, they screw everyone (except themselves)i managed to break through their firewall of cut&paste replies, and claw back a measly couple of quid, that morally I should have not lost. The email that won the case, I said in all the years of being with them, I have not once seen them take a hit financially or give any kind of "gesture of goodwill" over a dispute/claim (not that I get/start many) they act neutral when problems occur, but take a nice juicy chunk out of each payment.cut&paste kings of t'internet.

Where did that quote ur quoting come from...I can't see it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants