Do I need 4k in my TV?

Found 11th Sep 2017
Hi! Planning to buy a TV and use it for movies which I'll watch from my bed. Viewing distance is 4m or 157.5in or a bit more than 13 feet.

Thanks!

Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
157.5 inches is good, means that if you go to bed drunk and fall out of bed, your head wont end up through the Screen.

As for wether you want to spend 4 Grand on a TV for the Bedroom or not, personal choice really.
No, you will need a real big telly for 4m viewing distance, probably about 95"
What are you using for your 4k content?
Nothing really, laptop! But wanted to be able to watch 4k on youtube etc
What size screen are you planning on getting as that will depend on if you will benefit from 4k at that distance.
IMO nope, I still don't feel the need for 4K, maybe in another year or two I will. Unless you've got the content to watch there's not much point.
ipswich7818 m ago

What size screen are you planning on getting as that will depend on if you …What size screen are you planning on getting as that will depend on if you will benefit from 4k at that distance.

Agreed.

I'd also mention it depends on budget, doesn't seem to be much point in buying a 4K HDR screen on a small budget, the backlight bleed is crazy when in HDR and 4K is pretty much ruined if the screen offers bad contrast ratios and 8bit screen.

Also, unless you have the wonga for upgraded subscriptions such as SkyQ and Netflix, I wouldn't bother ATM.
I was looking something around 55" minimum and 65" max?
nickmite18 m ago

If you watch TV with the sword of omens maybe
Considering the upgrade is not to much i'd say do it, ill have my tv for next 5 years, in 3 years time 4k content will be vast and you regret saving 100£ for a 1080p tv
nickmite1 h, 40 m ago

At those sizes at a 4m viewing distance it's not a technology with any intrinsic benefit to you.

However, in the real world content creators are tying their highest picture quality (bitrate) to 4K resolution and TV manufacturers are only implementing the copy protection used by those sources in 4K TVs so you may well see a difference from the higher quality, even though you won't from the higher resolution.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 11th Sep 2017
your 4 metres away from tv? :O
Move the Bed closer to the TV and then get a cheap 28" 720p
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants