Do I need a MAC code?

We have 2 BT phone lines in our house.

I currently have BT Broadband on our PC on phone line A. I've just purchased O2 Broadband and want to put this on our PC using phone line B. I'm going to cancel BT Broadband and phone line A.

I presume that a MAC code is required for switching broadband providers on the same phone line. I'm not doing this so I guess I don't need a MAC code. Is this correct?

4 Comments

Correct, a MAC is only needed when you migrade from one provider to another on one and the same phone line.

Indeed, however you may or may not get charged a one off connection charge if the line hasn't had BB on before.

You dont need a mac for line B as there is no broadband to take over.

Make sure you are out of term for broadband and phone line A or youll get a cancellation charge

Starr;7735335

You dont need a mac for line B as there is no broadband to take over.Make … You dont need a mac for line B as there is no broadband to take over.Make sure you are out of term for broadband and phone line A or youll get a cancellation charge

sure i read in bt's t&cs that they now charge you a disconnection fee for broadband if you don't go the mac route!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1016
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764037
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 547

See more discussions