Groups

Do I need to be rooted to run MAME on android?

Not used Mame on android for years and cannot find the roms follder, do I need to be rooted to see it? If so anybody know a reliable tutorial for an Elephone P8000?
    Thanks.

13 Comments

After you have installed you might need need to perform a reboot of the device before you can see the folder. Then a folder should appear in the following path. (Works fine for me on an unrooted Nexus 6P - Android N and also my Nvidia Shield - Marshmallow)

/ROMs/MAME4Droid/

Place any unzipped roms into that folder and away it should go.

This might change slightly depending how you have installed so if that doesn't work a further few questions.
    Which android version?
    App installed to SD card?
    If Marshmallow is the SD card being used as "adopted" memory?

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 22nd Aug 2016

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

After you have installed you might need need to perform a reboot of the … After you have installed you might need need to perform a reboot of the device before you can see the folder. Then a folder should appear in the following path. (Works fine for me on an unrooted Nexus 6P - Android N and also my Nvidia Shield - Marshmallow)/ROMs/MAME4Droid/Place any unzipped roms into that folder and away it should go. This might change slightly depending how you have installed so if that doesn't work a further few questions.Which android version?App installed to SD card?If Marshmallow is the SD card being used as "adopted" memory?

Thanks for your detailed reply. Don't think I explained myself very well in the original post. I can see the files through file explorer on my phone, when I connect through the computer via camera or not I can't see any mame folders.

kramvic

Thanks for your detailed reply. Don't think I explained myself very well … Thanks for your detailed reply. Don't think I explained myself very well in the original post. I can see the files through file explorer on my phone, when I connect through the computer via camera or not I can't see any mame folders.

Android is a little funny about giving you direct access to the phone storage now. It's their stupid way of crippling SD storage as they're little cloud monkeys like the apple boys. From what I remember you have to be in developer options and swap usb configuration to charging and then back to MTP to be able to mount it.

Original Poster

kester76

Android is a little funny about giving you direct access to the phone … Android is a little funny about giving you direct access to the phone storage now. It's their stupid way of crippling SD storage as they're little cloud monkeys like the apple boys. From what I remember you have to be in developer options and swap usb configuration to charging and then back to MTP to be able to mount it.

Yes sounds familiar, definitely done something like that before, although enabled developer mode, swapped to charging and then mtp and the phone doesn't show up, does if I click on camera(ptp) but gives me access to limited files. If all else fails i'll send across wirelessly. Thanks for your reply.

Original Poster

MrClifford

p8000 is an easy root, http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-6616-1-1.html

Thanks for that,transferred files now and all working but will have a look at this anyway. Thanks for all your replies.

kramvic

Thanks for that,transferred files now and all working but will have a … Thanks for that,transferred files now and all working but will have a look at this anyway. Thanks for all your replies.

​No probs, followed this to root mine as needed xposed framework took about 15 mins

use ES File Explorer to ftp them to your phone if you have no access via usb

Original Poster

MrClifford

​No probs, followed this to root mine as needed xposed framework took a … ​No probs, followed this to root mine as needed xposed framework took about 15 mins

Nice, any problems and did you install a custom ROM?

Original Poster

djnaff

use ES File Explorer to ftp them to your phone if you have no access via … use ES File Explorer to ftp them to your phone if you have no access via usb

Cheers, all sorted now.

retrobox, works excellent on Android

kramvic

Cheers, all sorted now.

Glad you got it sorted. Sorry for the late reply, work evenings and just finished a 13 hour shift

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

Glad you got it sorted. Sorry for the late reply, work evenings and just … Glad you got it sorted. Sorry for the late reply, work evenings and just finished a 13 hour shift

Ty(_;)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private55
      2. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions