Do i need to pay for reinforced tyres on my connect

Found 23rd Oct 2012
I have to buy two new front tyres for my transit connect swb, but am unsure whether I need special reinforced tyres, iv been looking on blackcirles and searching on google and haven't had any luck I haven't got a manual either so am hoping someone would be able to help, would be much appreciated.

Hopefully being on the front and not having all the weight ill get away with the standard tyres
Community Updates
5 Comments
Cant quite remember but your original tyres should have it marked on the side.As it's a van i seem to remember because of the loads involved you should get re-enforced tyres as they have stiffer sidewalls.It will be called ply on the bits you read.I would also think if you put the wrong tyres on and are involved in an accident the insurer's won't pay out because of incorrect rating and the Police might take a dim view too.
I,d bite the bullet and put the proper tyres on even if you have to go to a van scrap yard to get them!
Good luck and be safe.(_;)
lancsman

Cant quite remember but your original tyres should have it marked on the … Cant quite remember but your original tyres should have it marked on the side.As it's a van i seem to remember because of the loads involved you should get re-enforced tyres as they have stiffer sidewalls.It will be called ply on the bits you read.I would also think if you put the wrong tyres on and are involved in an accident the insurer's won't pay out because of incorrect rating and the Police might take a dim view too.I,d bite the bullet and put the proper tyres on even if you have to go to a van scrap yard to get them!Good luck and be safe.(_;)

Cheers lancsman, your probably right. thanks for the advice
Your welcome en ger land. I talk from an engineering background and past M.O.T. tester although we weren't testing class 7's.
If it had been daylight and i hadn't been as tired(no pun)due to a work accident(not my fault)My old M.O.T. book says"Reason for rejection"A tyre that has a load index or ply rating and tyre size that is inadequate for the permitted maximum laden weight of the axle to which it is fitted.
Ply ratings 4 6 8 Reinforced 4 ply 1340 kg axle load.
non reinforced 1200 kg axle load
Basically your call but i,d go with the Reason for rejection advice
(_;)
can't you search by reg on kwik fit?
Since most Van tyres bounce of kerbs all day long, reinforced is the way to go
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants