Groups

Do I need to see a doctor?

Okay well.. I know i don't it was just the most suited title.

Well anyway.. How is it during the holidays I can go to bed at 3AM and wake up at 7AM without an alarm, but when its college time I can go to bed at 2AM and struggle to wake up at 7:30AM with an alarm?

Its a mystery to me.....

31 Comments

Its due to stress.... You get better sleep (deep) during hols & body needs less time to recuperate from the day's activities compared to Uni times

Original Poster

Darn it >

It's called Sod's Law!!!! :roll:

It could be your sleeping pattern ie 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 hours. Everyone is different but you need to work out what yours is. For example, mine is 2 so I need to be asleep for 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours. If I am awake in between I am as grumpy as hell.

Seeing as 3am till 7am is 4 hours your pattern could be 2 or 4 hours (lets hope its 2) if its 4 then you will need 4 or 8 hours sleep. Try it and see how you get on.

Hope that helps

Carl

Students!

I just use more than one alarm.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;1413343

Students!

You love us!

the-jackal;1413310

It could be your sleeping pattern ie 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 hours. Everyone is … It could be your sleeping pattern ie 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 hours. Everyone is different but you need to work out what yours is. For example, mine is 2 so I need to be asleep for 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours. If I am awake in between I am as grumpy as hell.Seeing as 3am till 7am is 4 hours your pattern could be 2 or 4 hours (lets hope its 2) if its 4 then you will need 4 or 8 hours sleep. Try it and see how you get on.Hope that helpsCarl

OMG that makes so much sense I can't belive I didn't know about that before. I clearly have a 3 hour cycle which explains nicly why 8 hours never seams enough to me but I can get by better on 6.

Thanks

Banned

jennybubbles;1413691

OMG that makes so much sense I can't belive I didn't know about that … OMG that makes so much sense I can't belive I didn't know about that before. I clearly have a 3 hour cycle which explains nicly why 8 hours never seams enough to me but I can get by better on 6.Thanks

You know he's talking gibberish don't you?

im currently suffering the same. i think mine is a 3 hour cycle as when I pop on the settee for an hour, I wake up 3 hours later! Also I can get by on 6 hours sleep but if I have 8 hours, I wake up feeling worse :?

i had a 3 hour cycle once, my legs ached afterwards

Banned

shanecr;1414253

lol, you into cycling too? I did an 8 hour non stop 100 mile bike ride once surprisingly the only thing that hurt was my butt.

lumoruk;1414493

lol, you into cycling too? I did an 8 hour non stop 100 mile bike ride … lol, you into cycling too? I did an 8 hour non stop 100 mile bike ride once surprisingly the only thing that hurt was my butt.

8 hours 100 miles? tough route? i cycled Glasgow to Edinburgh, was 50miles, took me 3 hours...on a mountain bike lol. Felt great too. Haven't cycled much recently :lazy: too lazy lol

Banned

shanecr;1414854

8 hours 100 miles? tough route? i cycled Glasgow to Edinburgh, was … 8 hours 100 miles? tough route? i cycled Glasgow to Edinburgh, was 50miles, took me 3 hours...on a mountain bike lol. Felt great too. Haven't cycled much recently :lazy: too lazy lol

I was 15 hence didn't have the muscle to do that sort of time, didn't help that I didn't have a drop of water for the entire 8 hours. Was a mountain bike also. Doing 87 mile bike ride in April round Cambridge.

jennybubbles;1413691

OMG that makes so much sense I can't belive I didn't know about that … OMG that makes so much sense I can't belive I didn't know about that before. I clearly have a 3 hour cycle which explains nicly why 8 hours never seams enough to me but I can get by better on 6.Thanks

I don't know if you are being serious or not, but since you ruined my thread yesterday, I will take it that you are.

6 hours sleep is still on a 2 hour cycle. ;-)

Original Poster

Im still confused:(

Banned

a doctor =No

a phsychiatrist = yes

Banned

Why don't you go to bed at 3am and set your alarm for 7am?

Original Poster

sassie;1415030

a doctor =Noa phsychiatrist = yes

Whens your next opening?

Original Poster

JDeal;1415047

Why don't you go to bed at 3am and set your alarm for 7am?

I may try that one thursday or friday, so if i oversleep i only miss two lessons:)

thesaint;1415002

I don't know if you are being serious or not, but since you ruined my … I don't know if you are being serious or not, but since you ruined my thread yesterday, I will take it that you are. 6 hours sleep is still on a 2 hour cycle. ;-)

see the main problem with being sarcastic is people expect it all the time :roll:

I figured it was more to do with the actual sleep cycle (ie depending what type of sleep your in when your woken) I honestly feel hellish sometimes if I wake up with 8 hours sleep

jennybubbles;1415991

see the main problem with being sarcastic is people expect it all the … see the main problem with being sarcastic is people expect it all the time :roll:

I still don't get what you mean. :thinking:

Were you being sarcastic in your 1st post?

thesaint;1415002

6 hours sleep is still on a 2 hour cycle. ;-)

Not if 8 hours doesn't work. :-D

Banned

shanecr;1414253

You beat me to it!

maybe your so god damm tired by the time you going back to college sleeping only 4 hrs a night lol i need my 8 hrs anight or ima right grumpy cow!

thesaint;1416054

I still don't get what you mean. :thinking:Were you being sarcastic in … I still don't get what you mean. :thinking:Were you being sarcastic in your 1st post?

Actually I wasn't but everyone seams to think I always am :lol:

Banned

awww jen youve changed your avatar, i didnt recognise ya:oops:

Ah I get the sleeping pattern now but mine is strange, under 8 hours but say 3 or 5 hours sleep I feel better than 4 olr 6 hours sleep, not at first but I can stay awake longer though I feel really rough.

sassie;1417124

awww jen youve changed your avatar, i didnt recognise ya:oops:

Back to my old one I lost a whack of my avvies when my PC went tits up :roll:

([SIZE="1"]not to mention pics,music,programs ect[/SIZE])

Banned

jennybubbles;1417198

Back to my old one I lost a whack of my avvies when my PC went tits up … Back to my old one I lost a whack of my avvies when my PC went tits up :roll:([SIZE="1"]not to mention pics,music,programs ect[/SIZE])

yeah i know that feeling, now i dont even bother adding anything at least then when it goes tits up i wont loose out

sassie;1417255

yeah i know that feeling, now i dont even bother adding anything at least … yeah i know that feeling, now i dont even bother adding anything at least then when it goes tits up i wont loose out

to be fair twas my own fault I was too lazy to back everything up :lol:
    I was planing on doing a systems refresh that Ult was gonna talk me through so planned to back everything up then.

Sods law really
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?44
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News66

See more discussions