Do I need Vpn for my ipad?

Found 15th Nov 2012
I just got an ipad mini wifi only, and was wondering for just me and the ipad (not in a business or corporate capacity) just outside in unsecured public wifi, mcds etc, do i need to set up a vpn for security?

if so how do i do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

7 Comments

From Wiki:

A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network and the … A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network and the resources contained in the network across public networks like the internet.

Imagine that you have a network at work, with its file servers and printers and such. You're at home, and you want to access your network that's at work so you can read some files, send a document to a printer etc. Your network is closed to the outside world as your boss obviously doesn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry getting in to the network. So how do you access the network? By the use of a VPN
So the short answer is - if you are using your ipad mini just to browse the internet then no - you don't need a VPN. You only need a VPN to connect across the internet to a private network.

Edited by: "cis_groupie" 15th Nov 2012

Banned

Yes you need it. ASAP.

NO just a LYF....
See what i did there

No, if you're not using it for work the only security you would probably need would be when banking, and that's why you use https.

Banned

definitely, the burger brigade will hack you if you dont have your VPN cloaking software running in stealth network mode.

sort it out. Get VPN'd

Suggestion for FREE VPN:
- vpnreactor
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions