Found 26th Dec 2010
Hi just got a message from a buyer on eBay looking for half his money back.

I got 6 bumpers (Chinese copies) used 4 for me and friends
So put 2 on eBay to sell.

He said they are fake, and to solve things quick he wants half his money back
He said he dumped the packaging and will dump the bumper too
Because he's buying a genuine one.

Where do I stand?
Do I have to refund him

There was noention in the listing that they were genuine

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
24 Comments

tell the buyer to return the items to you if they are not happy with then and state that I will refund you the item price only NOT the postage cost IF this is not YOUR fault
Edited by: "busfan001" 26th Dec 2010

oh do you mean iphone cases? Did you say they're chinese copies and not original ones?

tell him send them back he wont bother then he's probably trying to have u off

No dont refund him, its his fault for not reading the discription properly

Tell him to return them to you by a tracked delivery service and offer him a refund excluding postage costs.

You deceived him by selling snides. Refund him.

Goonieman

You deceived him by selling snides. Refund him.

Yeah. Why didn't you mention they were crap? Refund him.

There was noention in the listing that they were genuine

Uh, it doesn't really work like that. The default for everything on sale is that it is genuine. You sold fakes, and you should be grateful for his offer of only a half-refund.

What price did they sell for? if the gone for average fake price then ask for them pack before refund. If they went for a high price then just partial refund him to be fair.

give him half his money or wait until he puts in a claim and give him all his money,

Banned

How muich money are we talking about here?

If it's cust a few quid then just refund him and tell him to keep the fake.

It depends what your refund policy is. If you accept refunds then you should refund him. If you dont accept returns tell him no and say that he should read the description

Banned

zakdeals1

It depends what your refund policy is. If you accept refunds then you … It depends what your refund policy is. If you accept refunds then you should refund him. If you dont accept returns tell him no and say that he should read the description

Doesn't matter what sellers write....paypal and ebay make the refund rules for private sellers and the DSR's make the rules for business sellers.

He's probably as dodgy as you are and sold them hence the request for only half the cash back. If they were a genuine buyer they would have gone through ebay/paypal already. they probably want the product even if it is fake but for half the price.
Edited by: "newbie1001" 26th Dec 2010

tonyg1962

give him half his money or wait until he puts in a claim and give him all … give him half his money or wait until he puts in a claim and give him all his money,

lol thats what I was thinking

The buyer in this case is just has bad though and is obviously trying to exploit the situation. I wouldn't be surprised after getting the refund they then put in a claim for the full amount, or kept the items. They are up to something because anyone else would be straight on to paypal/ebay or at best be asking for a full refund not a 50% and i will go away.Ebay won't restrict the account since the seller just pleads ignorance and wasn't aware.

Banned

I personally think it is totally acceptable to exploit sellers of fake goods.

hand yourself in to the police.

newbie1001

The buyer in this case is just has bad though and is obviously trying to … The buyer in this case is just has bad though and is obviously trying to exploit the situation. I wouldn't be surprised after getting the refund they then put in a claim for the full amount, or kept the items.

Oh, and you know him/her personally?

how much did he pay for them ? cos if it was a ouple of quid surely they shoulda known it wasnt real ?!

deek72

Oh, and you know him/her personally?

Nope but i have been trading long enough on Ebay to spot when someone is trying to pull a fast one. Refund me half the money so we can resolve it quickly LOL gotta laugh at such things.

Give him what he wants, you can not sell fakes on ebay.

if you mentioned in the description that they are genuine Chinese copies, then relax and go, sell something else.

Refund him
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions