Groups

do i say something at work or keep quiet?

just wondering what other people would do. my boyfriend and i both work at the same place, as do 2 other couples. the other 2 get almost the same shifts as each other so get time together out of work but me and my boyfriend rarely do. this week i will get to see him for a couple of hours on saturday night and thats it. ive already mentioned to the manager about not seeing him a couple months ago. for a couple weeks after we had a day off together but its started again where we dont. i darent bring it up again as during a seniors meeting last week it was brought up about people complaining they arent seeing their partners and one of the workers said she was sick of hearing it. if the other couples were in the same position i would understand but they arent, so why are me and my bf? it just doesnt seem fair

54 Comments

If I were you I'd ask a few random people on the internet...

You sure yor b/f hasnt arranged it that way?

would have thought if there are 3 couples working for the same company,and all capable of doing each others jobs then it would be reasonable to expect some kind of rota system to be in place.

get a new bf

I dont see why your manager should care, business life and personal life should be separate

get yourself another bloke for when he is at work

Original Poster

g1bbuk;8462618

You sure yor b/f hasnt arranged it that way?

lol im sure ;-)

Original Poster

numptyj;8462628

get a new bfI dont see why your manager should care, business life and … get a new bfI dont see why your manager should care, business life and personal life should be separate

might help if we had chance of a personal life! and i dont want a new bf, i would just like to have some time with this one

Mine lives 150 miles away,be thankful you see him at all lol

Banned

I don't think you will get far, her business comes first before the staff and their personal lives providing they are meeting all their legal obligations with hols, time off, etc.

You can mention it, you have to weigh up the possibility of the benefits vs the negatives, eg, is it more likely to hack your boss off.

I havnt seen mine for years

ooops forgot, I havnt got one :oops:

Cant hurt to ask can it?

do shifts together? :lol:

Original Poster

boothy;8462682

Cant hurt to ask can it?

i have already, while she was fine about it i dont want to seem like a nag. if the other 2 couples didnt get time off too it wouldnt get me down as much, but why give them the same days off and not us?

The person who said they were "sick of hearing it" isnt single by any chance is she? :?

donna-lou;8462699

i have already, while she was fine about it i dont want to seem like a … i have already, while she was fine about it i dont want to seem like a nag. if the other 2 couples didnt get time off too it wouldnt get me down as much, but why give them the same days off and not us?

Can you not just bang him in the laundry room or something?

boothy;8462710

that was my point :oops:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;8462705

The person who said they were "sick of hearing it" isnt single by any … The person who said they were "sick of hearing it" isnt single by any chance is she? :?

no shes married, but she gets to see her fella so doesnt know what its like to only see each other for 2 hours once a week :x

Original Poster

boothy;8462710

haha! tempting, but im far too sensible for that and so is he

tinkerbell28;8462665

I don't think you will get far, her business comes first before the staff … I don't think you will get far, her business comes first before the staff and their personal lives providing they are meeting all their legal obligations with hols, time off, etc.You can mention it, you have to weigh up the possibility of the benefits vs the negatives, eg, is it more likely to hack your boss off.

This pretty much covers it.

donna-lou;8462721

no shes married, but she gets to see her fella so doesnt know what its … no shes married, but she gets to see her fella so doesnt know what its like to only see each other for 2 hours once a week :x

Yep. Tell her is she had any feelings at all then she wouldnt be "sick of hearing it".....the sad bovine that she is...lol

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;8462776

Yep. Tell her is she had any feelings at all then she wouldnt be "sick … Yep. Tell her is she had any feelings at all then she wouldnt be "sick of hearing it".....the sad bovine that she is...lol

the best part is i cant remember complaining to her :x but it cant have been any of the other couples cos they do see each other. shes just a 2 faced witch anyway

StevenA2000_uk;8462776

Yep. Tell her if she had any feelings at all then she wouldnt be "sick … Yep. Tell her if she had any feelings at all then she wouldnt be "sick of hearing it".....the sad bovine that she is...lol

I'm shocked you even know what feelings are

I'd mention it again if I were you. If neither of you have any intentions on changing your job anytime soon, nothing will change unless you try to make it

Original Poster

angelfairee;8462975

I'm shocked you even know what feelings are :pI'd mention it again if I … I'm shocked you even know what feelings are :pI'd mention it again if I were you. If neither of you have any intentions on changing your job anytime soon, nothing will change unless you try to make it

ive hinted to one of the seniors tonight, not the one whos sick of me, that if next weeks rota is the same then im going to start hunting for another job. shes friendly with the manager so im hoping she might say something to her? maybe not the best way to go about things i know

you must have known that you may not get to work the same shifts when you started working there

I wouild advise caution on this as it could lead to dismassal as most companies have a clause in the contracts that allows they to either relocate or dismiss 1 or other or both of the employees involved in a workplace relationship.

Original Poster

wickedteen;8463332

you must have known that you may not get to work the same shifts when you … you must have known that you may not get to work the same shifts when you started working there

we got to know each other through work, i didnt know him beforehand

Original Poster

sy278;8463353

I wouild advise caution on this as it could lead to dismassal as most … I wouild advise caution on this as it could lead to dismassal as most companies have a clause in the contracts that allows they to either relocate or dismiss 1 or other or both of the employees involved in a workplace relationship.

surely that would be unfair dismissal? discrimination? breach of human rights?

besides they wouldnt go that far. the manager would just do her usual trick of not talking to you for weeks when shes annoyed

donna-lou;8463370

we got to know each other through work, i didnt know him beforehand

so you knew the situtation you where getting into, lots of companies dont like couples working together

Original Poster

wickedteen;8463394

so you knew the situtation you where getting into, lots of companies dont … so you knew the situtation you where getting into, lots of companies dont like couples working together

we seemed to work similar shifts before we got together. our company doesnt mind as long as it doesnt affect your work. when we are on shift together we work seperate floors too which i dont mind at all

Banned

donna-lou;8463387

surely that would be unfair dismissal? discrimination? breach of human … surely that would be unfair dismissal? discrimination? breach of human rights?besides they wouldnt go that far. the manager would just do her usual trick of not talking to you for weeks when shes annoyed

Why? what part of the human rights, if it starts causing conflict at work they have every right to relocate you or ask you to leave, if they follow the correct disciplinary procedure.

donna-lou;8463427

we seemed to work similar shifts before we got together. our company … we seemed to work similar shifts before we got together. our company doesnt mind as long as it doesnt affect your work. when we are on shift together we work seperate floors too which i dont mind at all

That's the key issue it will be affecting your work the minute you expect them to work the shifts around your personal relationship and it starts causing bad feelings as you feel other couples are getting better treatment.

Tread carefully.

Banned

donna-lou;8463427

we seemed to work similar shifts before we got together. our company … we seemed to work similar shifts before we got together. our company doesnt mind as long as it doesnt affect your work. when we are on shift together we work seperate floors too which i dont mind at all

I met my wife at tesco, she worked check outs I worked the shelves :oops:

Our relationship went from a little

http://s3.images.com/huge.73.366520.JPG

into a beautiful

http://eccstyle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/purple_lotus_flower.jpg

She went to university for 4 years, over 100 miles away 2+hr drive. In her final year she went to France, over 1000 miles away she came back and then we married. You have to fight for what you really want, god knows I did.

donna-lou;8463033

ive hinted to one of the seniors tonight, not the one whos sick of me, … ive hinted to one of the seniors tonight, not the one whos sick of me, that if next weeks rota is the same then im going to start hunting for another job. shes friendly with the manager so im hoping she might say something to her? maybe not the best way to go about things i know

That's probably a good way to annoy her.

Original Poster

lumoruk;8463525

I met my wife at tesco, she worked check outs I worked the shelves … I met my wife at tesco, she worked check outs I worked the shelves :oops:Our relationship went from a little into a beautiful She went to university for 4 years, over 100 miles away 2+hr drive. In her final year she went to France, over 1000 miles away she came back and then we married. You have to fight for what you really want, god knows I did.

how lovely hope yous get to see more of each other now

Banned

donna-lou;8463604

how lovely hope yous get to see more of each other now

She cries sometimes begging me to come off night shifts but it would be financial suicide ;-)

Original Poster

lumoruk;8463616

She cries sometimes begging me to come off night shifts but it would be … She cries sometimes begging me to come off night shifts but it would be financial suicide ;-)

we dont get any extra for nights :x if we did i would permanantly work them lol

doubt you'll ever get holiday dates off together either :cry:

Original Poster

loupomm;8463662

doubt you'll ever get holiday dates off together either :cry:

we would if we put them in before anyone else. my work isnt that cruel lol. one of the couples is married and they have all their hols together

donna-lou;8463677

we would if we put them in before anyone else. my work isnt that cruel … we would if we put them in before anyone else. my work isnt that cruel lol. one of the couples is married and they have all their hols together

ahhh your lucky...we are not allowed to have holiday dates the same as anyone else.....obv that would depend on the amount of staff :oops:

Used to work with the missus when she was my g/f years ago never again so many complications like your having op would suggest you or the b/f get a different job.

Original Poster

loupomm;8463692

ahhh your lucky...we are not allowed to have holiday dates the same as … ahhh your lucky...we are not allowed to have holiday dates the same as anyone else.....obv that would depend on the amount of staff :oops:

i think we are allowed 3 people on holiday each week. i already have my hols in for this year which arent any he wants but im ok with that as we arent planning on going away or anything
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33195
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News56
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218

See more discussions