Expired

Do jewellers offer free valuation on jewellery in stores?

10 replies
Found 7th Oct 2009
Hi all,
Does anyone know if you can take an item of jewellery in to a jewellers and have it valued there and then for free?
Thanks

10 Comments

no...

Original Poster

seancampbell;6509173

no...

Any idea how much it usually costs? Can it be done "same day"?

No you will have to pay for the service.

What is it that you want valuing?

Original Poster

A 9ct white gold tennis bracelet

rehydrated;6509264

A 9ct white gold tennis bracelet

Does it have stones in it or is it just gold?

It's usually a % of the valuation subject to a minimum fee.
Is it for insurance, or just curiosity?

Original Poster

muckypup;6509283

Does it have stones in it or is it just gold?

1 carat diamond

seancampbell;6509301

It's usually a % of the valuation subject to a minimum fee. Is it for … It's usually a % of the valuation subject to a minimum fee. Is it for insurance, or just curiosity?

A bit of both really.

These are the best people to give jewellery valuations ]http//ww…rd/ you can look at the site and find out whena safeguard valuer is in your area,they have valuation days at various jewellers throughout the country and you can take your item down.

They will value according to the quality of diamonds ie cut,colour,clarity,carat weight etc and also the amount of gold used.

My guess is that the bracelet will not have the best quality diamonds in it as they are set in 9k gold.......for example,I could get an 18k gold 1k diamond tennis bracelet with SI diamonds for £500.

Check your contents insurance policy,I do not think that you will need a separate valuation certificate for this item a it will be less than £1k

Original Poster

Great info mucky! Thank you. I'll let you know how I get on

yeah H Samuels do it once a year on their premises. I have just missed out to it as it was held in may. The ashton-under-lyne branch are holding a free day again but in july next year. Apparently, loads of people book in so find out at your local branch when theirs is and book in!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769551
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247659
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA22133
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…22

See more discussions