Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Do Lidl or aldi have a cheaper alternative to morgans spiced?

Categories

12 Comments

sorted by

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

makershaker

Not even funny, this site has become full of complete sarcastic trolls … Not even funny, this site has become full of complete sarcastic trolls lately.. its brutal.

Was it a joke?

Lidl do do a James Cook rum.
    boozereview.co.uk/201…um/
    So, you ask a question and then call the person who gave the obvious best answer a "sarcastic troll"?

I can accept that that was a mistake but surely it's worth an apology.
    I don't think lidl do
    may have to check it out
    having a drop of morgans spiced right now
    only got an inch left
    whatsThePoint

lidl do captain cooks smooth original spiced rum

Son.
    Author
    whatsThePoint

lidl do captain cooks smooth original spiced rum

Not even funny, this site has become full of complete sarcastic trolls lately.. its brutal.
    Try sailor Jerry's or bacardi oakheart I find both similar to Morgans but smoother and cheaper
    0,7l bottle costs 13£ @ asda
    Author
    I thought the guy was being funny, I sincerely apologise and hope no offence was taken.

And thanks for the tips.
    Captain Cook's Smooth Original Spiced is awesome stuff but I think they only do it at certain times of year. I found a case at Lidl in Burnley so I bought 4 bottles... It's £9.99 for a 70cl bottle, it has a beautiful flavour and leaves a sort of sticky toffee pudding aftertaste.
    Aldi now has a hopking spiced available. Comes in a 50cl bottle for £7.99 and at 1.59 per 100 ml of is far cheaper than the big 5 own brand products. It is 35% in volume this is likely due to them blending in spices to a standard 40% rum, but it has a very pleasant mellow spiced flavour and is great value.
    Lidl Captain cook is well drinkable, high in sugar, touch too much (cheap) vanilla. Drinking neat? This is the best below Kraken, £25 ish a bottle. Otherwise drink rum and contents of your side Cupboard
    Author
    which of all brands of Spiced rum has the strongest vanilla taste to it?
Top Merchants