do lidl sell cheap frozen chicken breast?

Found 18th Dec 2015
Looking for the cheapest place to buy chicken breasts but Lidl do not have their products on the website, does anyone know if they sell 1kg bags of frozen chicken portions(breasts) and the price?

Aldi sell 1kg for £3.33

Other supermarkets sell for £3.80 or so per kg

Not interested in prices of butchers btw.
Community Updates
AskChicken
21 Comments
I think they only do fresh.
I was in there today and I've not seen frozen chicken in Lidl, or at least in my local store.
Damn that's a shame. I wanted to take advantage of the £10 voucher while stocking up on chicken!
My local lidl does, not sure on the price though. I think it may have been £3.99
My Lidl has 1.5kg bags for £5.00 or aldi do 1kg for about £3.75.
have you checked farmfoods? and use money off coupons that you get through the door.
buy cheap and check the water content...
Iceland Butcher's Market Chicken Breast Fillets 1.5kg £5=£3.33 per kg pass on quality never bought.
Why not pop into your local one and see if they do? If not then hey ho, no big deal you still have a £10 voucher to spend as Lidl do some very good stuff if you look around the store.

I have a Lidl and Aldi within 10 mins walk of my house. used to use Aldi all the time and only Lidl every so often even tho Lidl is about 400 yards closer.

However as the year has gone by I have taken to Lidl more, not because it is a few yards closer but because it is so much a nicer shopping experience and their hot fresh baked section (especially the Margarita roll things) are to die for.
fresh on offer. and my local does frozen at £3.99 ish per kilo
They do packs of chilled chicken breasts - which you can then freeze - ONCE ! Unwrap the pack then wrap the breasts individually in clingfilm (or poly bags ) to stop them freezing together , then freeze . Jobs a good un - defrost as required .
Edited by: "rogparki" 19th Dec 2015
donnamaca

have you checked farmfoods? and use money off coupons that you get … have you checked farmfoods? and use money off coupons that you get through the door.

​Three bags for a tenner
donnamaca

have you checked farmfoods? and use money off coupons that you get … have you checked farmfoods? and use money off coupons that you get through the door.

​Three bags for a tenner
My Lidl does stock it
varminty

My Lidl does stock it

Do you know the price?
sorry no, not without looking, but i think someone has posted lidl price above
Price is £3.33 per KG, same price as Aldi, which are the cheapest in any supermarket!

Bought 10kg worth and got my £10 off £50 spend with my other shopping included.
rogparki

They do packs of chilled chicken breasts - which you can then freeze - … They do packs of chilled chicken breasts - which you can then freeze - ONCE ! Unwrap the pack then wrap the breasts individually in clingfilm (or poly bags ) to stop them freezing together , then freeze . Jobs a good un - defrost as required .

it probably sounds as if im being daft , but that really is a good idea, often the pre frozen ones are full of extra water, will be doing that next time
suezygirl

it probably sounds as if im being daft , but that really is a good idea, … it probably sounds as if im being daft , but that really is a good idea, often the pre frozen ones are full of extra water, will be doing that next time

Maybe. But the fresh ones are always more expensive, always. So you'll either end up the same (unlikely) or worse off buying fresh if you're only concerned about the price.
PenguinsForAll

Maybe. But the fresh ones are always more expensive, always. So you'll … Maybe. But the fresh ones are always more expensive, always. So you'll either end up the same (unlikely) or worse off buying fresh if you're only concerned about the price.

yes probably bit more expensive , will have to work it out , i do buy both fresh and frozen and fresh better but as you say more expensive, just think idea of individually wrapping such a simple but good idea,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants