Expired

Do members make money from posting on HUKD?

Found 22nd May 2015
Do members make money from posting on HUKD?

If so how? Reason I ask as in the last year there seem to be select few who post an insane amount of deals, which is fine it helps people out, but I cant fathom how they get the time unless they are making money from it some how or their unemployed lol.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
splatsplatsplat

It's a shame Hukd think doing a carp competition once a year...

OMG I missed this, this is awesome when is the next one?!!!!!

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-EF511_CARP_D_20090810132136.jpg
44 Comments
Yes, I'm up to 15 pence so far this millennium.
Monkeybumcheeks

Yes, I'm up to 15 pence so far this millennium.

How did you get so much?
miikeyblue

How did you get so much?

Check the profile.....I send the servers into meltdown every time I post a deal (_;)

MODS.....Where is my ice cube badge?
No, Rpoints system was better, it actually gave you something back if you posted a good deal. It's a shame Hukd think doing a carp competition once a year, rewarding people who havent posted anything is a better reward.
Some of them work for HUKD
teh arn

Some of them work for HUKD

Yes HUKD pay people to post deals (obviously don't think 'ordinary' members are proactive enough! )
Yes. If you post enough deals that get Hot a member of if the HUKD Iluminati will contact you with a secret passphrase to perform in front of your webcam, this unlocks the hidden earnings payments scheme that so many strive to achieve but so few manage.

I get paid by companies to vote cold on their rival companies deals.

Won't be long before I'm on the Sunday Times rich list.

splatsplatsplat

It's a shame Hukd think doing a carp competition once a year...

OMG I missed this, this is awesome when is the next one?!!!!!

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-EF511_CARP_D_20090810132136.jpg
yes lots and lots
i thought only mods did. every1 else who shares a deal does it for the community.
Nope - not a penny. All you get in return for helping is a load of abuse from trolls, and accused that you are posting referral links etc... oO
No. The members who post deals all day long are just doing it for free.
Transformers

Uh-huh...

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…371 ]
Transformers

The only members I know who post deals all day are blogger/helper/mods and they do get paid don't they? Problem with prolific posting is that ordinary members don't get much of a look in these days. I know I've given up posting deals because I know that one of HUKD staff will probably have already posted it. I suppose this is what happens when you sell out to a more profit motivated company.
Transformers

gerrymig

The only members I know who post deals all day are blogger/helper/mods … The only members I know who post deals all day are blogger/helper/mods and they do get paid don't they? Problem with prolific posting is that ordinary members don't get much of a look in these days. I know I've given up posting deals because I know that one of HUKD staff will probably have already posted it. I suppose this is what happens when you sell out to a more profit motivated company.

...and the rest of the posse will artificially up-vote the thread so that it appears more popular & that, in turn, leads to (rogparki's stated) "lemming voters" increasing the heat.

It is just the same way that certain Moderators used to up-vote their own "Deals" with their "multi id" account(s).
Edited by: "fanpages" 22nd May 2015
I did have a deal on inflatable seagulls.............. it never took off.

hotukdeals.com/dea…229
gerrymig

The only members I know who post deals all day are blogger/helper/mods … The only members I know who post deals all day are blogger/helper/mods and they do get paid don't they? Problem with prolific posting is that ordinary members don't get much of a look in these days. I know I've given up posting deals because I know that one of HUKD staff will probably have already posted it. I suppose this is what happens when you sell out to a more profit motivated company.

In your first ~6 months of membership you posted over a thousand deals. That's pretty prolific. Are you trying to tell us you were paid?
gerrymig

Helpers don't get paid, not sure about bloggers though.
Transformers

Helpers don't get paid, not sure about bloggers though.

I'm sure one of the helpers (no names but they stopped being a helper then started again) said that they were being paid whilst they were a helper. I can't see why anyone would do the role without pay these days!
Lol. Why do the English get so butt hurt. Who cares if hukd employ people to find deals. If they then go hot a little artificially no one is forcing you to buy anything.
gerrymig

I'm sure one of the helpers (no names but they stopped being a helper … I'm sure one of the helpers (no names but they stopped being a helper then started again) said that they were being paid whilst they were a helper. I can't see why anyone would do the role without pay these days!

Posting lots of deals or being a helper?
Rubisco

In your first ~6 months of membership you posted over a thousand deals. … In your first ~6 months of membership you posted over a thousand deals. That's pretty prolific. Are you trying to tell us you were paid?

That's a pretty dumb question but I'll answer it anyway. The site was a lot different then, more community spirited and I wanted to contribute. No I wasn't paid, I did it because I enjoyed finding deals and sharing them with other members. The situation today is very different and the community spirit has all but disappeared. That, together with the way that HUKD treats it's members at times has put me off posting deals these days.
CookinBat

Lol. Why do the English get so butt hurt. Who cares if hukd employ people … Lol. Why do the English get so butt hurt. Who cares if hukd employ people to find deals. If they then go hot a little artificially no one is forcing you to buy anything.

Nobody said we were buying anything either.
fanpages

Nobody said we were buying anything either.

Who's the we?
gerrymig

...That, together with the way that HUKD treats it's members at times has … ...That, together with the way that HUKD treats it's members at times has put me off posting deals these days.

...If.members are not posting "Deals", surely that is why there has been an increase in site-appointed representatives being paid to do so.
CookinBat

Who's the we?

The contributors to this thread, primarily.
Transformers

Posting lots of deals or being a helper?

Those two things are interlinked these days aren't they? Helpers post a lot of the deals
fanpages

The contributors to this thread, primarily.

Hmm that's not many is it.
gerrymig

Those two things are interlinked these days aren't they? Helpers post a … Those two things are interlinked these days aren't they? Helpers post a lot of the deals

Some helpers don't post that many deals, that's why I asked. You don't have to post lots of deals to be a helper.
CookinBat

Hmm that's not many is it.

...and?
fanpages

...and?

That's it folks...Get your wallet out you tight wad..
Transformers

gerrymig

hotukdeals.com/dea…064

The post that first made me think it was going on.
No idea if it happened there, seems suspicious though.
CookinBat

That's it folks...Get your wallet out you tight wad..

You are making little sense.

The Scots are rumoured to be more frugal than the English anyway.
Transformers

Some helpers don't post that many deals, that's why I asked. You don't … Some helpers don't post that many deals, that's why I asked. You don't have to post lots of deals to be a helper.

No you're absolutely right, its a small group. Some helpers are a lot more active and proactive than others. I don't really know or care whether they get paid or not its just the effect that they have flooding the site with deals, some of which appear contrived..
fanpages

You are making little sense.The Scots are rumoured to be more frugal than … You are making little sense.The Scots are rumoured to be more frugal than the English anyway.

Ok, no probs. Maybe you've Scots blood in you?
CookinBat

Ok, no probs. Maybe you've Scots blood in you?

I stopped supporting this site a few years ago.

We do not need to go into that again, though.
fanpages

I stopped supporting this site a few years ago.We do not need to go into … I stopped supporting this site a few years ago.We do not need to go into that again, though.

Yea I remember. Was good to see you return, love your humour/jokes.
teh arn

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-click-collect-week-only-with-no-minimum-spend-boots-back-2008064The post that first made me think it was going on.No idea if it happened there, seems suspicious though.

Yes, I see what you mean.

Instant Messaging via Skype (or similar services) will 'round-up the troops when an associate is ready to post a "Deal", so that all those available can state how great the product is, & add bogus 'heat' regardless.

As long as you do not get taken in by the temperature of a thread, & draw your own conclusions from the information you can gain independently about what is being offered, then there is not a problem.

However, for the, what I perceive to be, majority of members, seeing the same group of people (associated with a particular type of product, connected by a Blog devoted to the topic) relaying their opinions time & time again, may influence positive voting (& spending) accordingly.

To be fair, the business model is a good one. It has worked well for many years. However, the market is becoming flooded with similar sites, & people are more technically-aware/financially-astute than they were five-to-ten years ago.

Yes, there will always be new punters to take the place of those that do not visit this site as frequently (for any number of reasons), but the revenue-generating process is not as lucrative as it once was.
gerrymig

That's a pretty dumb question but I'll answer it anyway. The site was a … That's a pretty dumb question but I'll answer it anyway. The site was a lot different then, more community spirited and I wanted to contribute. No I wasn't paid, I did it because I enjoyed finding deals and sharing them with other members. The situation today is very different and the community spirit has all but disappeared. That, together with the way that HUKD treats it's members at times has put me off posting deals these days.

Was it any different? Rose-tinted spectacles methinks.

Personally, my fondest memories of the site are from my first year's membership too. I think it's the same for everybody.

Do you think that new members would be more enthusiastic if the site returned to the old days of unmarked mod multis posting deals instead of named helpers/bloggers? Because that's the only thing that has changed. Been going on far longer than you've been a member. Ignorance is bliss?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions