Expired

Do mobile phones need to be sent royal mail special delivery?

Found 23rd Oct 2014
Sending off a mobile i sold on eBay today (Faulty iPhone, sold for just over £50). I've read online that royal mail won't insure it at all unless it's special delivery as opposed to signed for. Is this true?
Community Updates
10 Comments
I thought that recorded gives you £50 of coverage and standard mail gives you £20
I've sold items for £55 or £60 in the past and offered all options. mostly go for recorded as not much more than normal 2nd class, you track for paypal, and if it gets lost, i expect to get £50 back. the saving of £5 makes up for the additional £5 or £10 lost
Are you asking if Royal Mail are lying on their website?
nope, go for 1st recorded
I have sent phones through first class signed for and have had no problems. Or you can send it through collect plus just place it in a bigger box.
Edited by: "bargainBooze" 23rd Oct 2014
Even the £20 compensation is in stamps!
I use collect plus every time.
Yep special delivery for anything worth more than £20.
bargainBooze

I have sent phones through first class signed for and have had no … I have sent phones through first class signed for and have had no problems. Or you can send it through collect plus just place it in a bigger box.

Where can I get bargain booze?
recorded is the same job. it's just royal mail trying to get some more cash. stick with recorded. there's only 1% chance of it getting lost anyway
How much does collect cover you for?
Special delivery for everything over £100, especially if it is a phone, recorded is nothing more than normal post, where someone has to sign for it at the delivery end, I say someone, because even the posties sign for things, so really it means nothing, special delivery has to be delivered and signed for.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants