Do not book with Jet2 this weekend !!

Found 27th Sep 2014
Tried to book a £1400 holiday- for 28 October at Fri 9 am (been a similar price for last 6 weeks) -up and down £20 -came up with error - refreshed site came up with same holiday cost £1740 ! - Jet2 customer service useless " its live pricing " refused to find out why price had suddenly shot up by 25% .Also they fail to realise a similar holiday at the same time, same hotel has suddenly become £300 dearer than competitors !
Found out myself . Jet 2 return flight for 2 to Tenerife from EMids £943.80 !! was about £480 - NB according to booking plan plane half empty ! Thomas Cook (an hour earlier £455.96) -Thomson also an hour earlier £413.96 . It shows where the jump in price came from ! Obviously they have a major pricing glitch this weekend ,not just EMids flights -same from Leeds Manchester Newcastle etc.
Had many holidays /flights with Jet2 used to be impressed , but can I ever trust their pricing again ? Especially as their call centre refuses to acknowledge there is a problem and refuse to look into it ! I expect they'll have it fixed on Monday -meanwhile I'll have booked my holiday elsewhere ,never to return to Jet 2 as I can never trust their pricing or customer service again !
Community Updates
12 Comments
ok
missleading

ok

Hope it prevents someone from booking an overpriced holiday . I dare say it'll get sorted Monday when the grown ups get back to work . What a botch up by a company I always used and trusted ! (_;)
Clear your cookies, try again.
As eayragt said. Clear cookies and history and try again. The more you view flight prices the more they increase because if the cookies. Damn con and that's why a lot of people use programs to stop cookies being stored on their computers.
I think you will find that "live pricing" is quite common in the low-cost airline world. As seats on the plane sell, the price gradually increases. The idea being that someone who books nine months earlier pays less than someone who books last minute.

Thomson and Thomas Cook still run there own airlines, the pricing system for them is likely to be different.

Personally I would just book the cheapest option.
As others have stated, it's all about your cookies.

The more you refresh, the more the price will go up. Simply put, they think you're desperate so will keep pushing the price.
Sadly as I originally stated ,there is a glitch on the website ! Thanks for the helpful comments , but I had cleared cookies . When the price leapt up by £300 + on Friday it was being booked through a Travel Agent not on my computer . (Have also checked on work computer - the same ). Jet 2 also run their own airline ,which is where the price glitch has come from , Flights to Tenerife now £900 for 2 with Jet2 (plane half empty ) £400 ish with both Thomas Cook and Thomson departing same airport virtually the same time . oO
Edited by: "rogparki" 28th Sep 2014
Dominatez

As eayragt said. Clear cookies and history and try again. The more you … As eayragt said. Clear cookies and history and try again. The more you view flight prices the more they increase because if the cookies. Damn con and that's why a lot of people use programs to stop cookies being stored on their computers.

That's a myth...

The price goes up because of a few things, fuel costs, other people booking seats, time left etc.
I realise all things stated - my theory is that the Jet2 website has defaulted to the top prices (ie Summer Holiday prices) - "The Glitch "- at least on the price of Tenerife flights ..
Edited by: "rogparki" 28th Sep 2014
teh arn

That's a myth...The price goes up because of a few things, fuel costs, … That's a myth...The price goes up because of a few things, fuel costs, other people booking seats, time left etc.Myths are always based on some factual evidence.http://elliott.org/the-navigator/no-airline-cookie-conspiracy-what-about-this-trail-of-crumbs/

Dominatez

That site provides no evidence at all....
teh arn

That site provides no evidence at all....

It will be one of those will they won't they ? They can do it and other sites have done so in the past by manipulating cookies.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants