Do not buy from Ebuyer.....Ever!

Found 7th Mar 2014
I'm at the point now that Ebuyer deals shouldn't even be allowed on HUKD.

Bought the Asus Memo ME173 model on sale for £100 and asked for free delivery. This was purchased on the 27th of Feb. I just recieved it yesterday just in time to give it as a present. I ordered Black/Grey and they sent Blue.

When I phoned to discuss a replacement they informed me that they couldn't say for certain the right colour would be sent out, and that it could take up to 10 days to organise a return? Ebuyer recomends they refund me and I can reorder another one at the now more expensive price.

As this is for a gift I have no choice but spend more money and buy another one from a local shop.

I've had issues before of wrong product or quantity shipped from other companies, but never told it would be 10 days before a replacement could be sent or even the thought I should reorder the now more expensive item to get it sooner.
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Misc
39 Comments
Not having a pop at you, but was the colour really that important?

Nevertheless, bizarre that they won't do a straight swap.
Edited by: "RossD89" 7th Mar 2014
Maybe you should have put " I will not buy from Ebuyer.....Ever!" instead of telling others not to.

I for one will continue doing so.. and that my purchases from them where based on there fab reviews.
http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.ebuyer.com

You had a bad experience with the company.... end of.
did it state on the item description

*colours may vary*
great company

one bad purchase does not a bad company make!
I used to buy loads from Ebuyer but since they started putting on £8 post for the isle of Wight I won't be again!
So they delivered it on time but due to an error (which happen on occassion) they sent the wrong colour but as you left it late ordering and chose the slowest delivery option you now don't have the time to get a replacement? Is this right?
what's wrong with blue?
Not defending Ebuyer in any way but that Blue one is quite nice ! Anyway would it be cheaper and easier just to get a black Memo Persona cover like this one - ebay.co.uk/itm…0ac ?
Havince

did it state on the item description*colours may vary*

It is advertised, described as black currently.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 7th Mar 2014
Blue is ok surley and as mentioned most people put a case on a tablet anyway.

Hardly the worst Customer Service or Company in the world, i think you are over reacting a bit mate.
AL1S0N

what's wrong with blue?

If you ordered a black car & got a blue one, would you be happy?

Just sayin
whatsThePoint

do you give car's away as presents?

Yes, next question?
Op you're wasting your time on here mate. People have posted scenarios on here far more serious than this and have been instantly dismissed without solicitude from the misc mass who believe they are especial in the world, where when it's happened to someone else it's fine but when it happens to them it's an absolute outrage.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 7th Mar 2014
whatsThePoint

and the people you give cars to are ungrateful if its not black?

If i knew the person i was buying it for wanted black & i had ordered black & i got blue, i would not be very happy.

It's got nothing at all to do with being "ungrateful"

Edited by: "OldEnglish" 7th Mar 2014
OldEnglish

If i knew the person i was buying it for wanted black & i had ordered … If i knew the person i was buying it for wanted black & i had ordered black & i got blue, i would not be very happy.It's got nothing at all to do with being "ungrateful"

You got blue but at a discounted price though? I would just buy a black case for £5-£10, you have still saved, they have the colour they want plus a bonus case X)

Im not saying that the OP shouldn't have spoken to their customer service etc to complain but to tell others to never ever buy from ebuyer over this situation is a bit over the top imo.
Edited by: "ZedEx" 7th Mar 2014
lesson learned

use amazon
whatsThePoint

it's a gift so I'm sure you agree they should be happy with what they are … it's a gift so I'm sure you agree they should be happy with what they are given, but do you state what colour socks you want for xmas and feel let down if you get blue instead of black, which is more comparable to the wrong colour of the asus rather than going to the pointless extreme of saying would you be happy if something costing £1000s and will be on show for years was the wrong colour

Yet you go to another pointless extreme of comparing spending £100 on a tablet to spending a couple of quid on socks.

Fact is, the product was advertised as one colour and that is what was paid for, but not what was sent.
Edited by: "RossD89" 7th Mar 2014
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, and I know it's very much a matter of opinion.

I know the person who I bought the tablet for wouldn't like blue, and I feel it's a "Falling down" moment. If I ordered black, I expect black. If I wanted blue or any other colour I would have ordeted it.

I remember a movie called Night Shift with Michael Keaton and Henry Winkler. Henry would always go to this shop for his lunch, but evertime his lunch would arrive it wasn't as ordered. He would accept this, but finally he stood up for himself and the problem was sorted.

Why should we as consumers accept anything less than what was ordered? You buy a £1 HDMI cable you still expect it to be as advertised. If not you should have the right to get it sorted. You order a £10 shirt and it arrives in the wrong colour you don't just accept it.

Also Ebuyer did say it was Black. If colours varied or if they stated Blue I would have bought elsewhere. I understand they made an error, but it would be about a month to sort it out? There is a certain value to time and that is more than the savings is worth....for me of course.

Thanks again though. I knew Misc always put things right. I'm off to Argos after work to spend more money to make sure it's right. the person who I bought it for is worth at least that much.

thanks
whatsThePoint

£45 pair of socks … £45 pair of socks http://www.harrods.com/product/camouflage-socks/valentino/000000000003633778so a far from pointless comparison unless you care to show a price for an asus that is almost ½ the price of a new car

Asus in question = £100

New car £219.99
whatsThePoint

it's a gift so I'm sure you agree they should be happy with what they are … it's a gift so I'm sure you agree they should be happy with what they are given, but do you state what colour socks you want for xmas and feel let down if you get blue instead of black, which is more comparable to the wrong colour of the asus rather than going to the pointless extreme of saying would you be happy if something costing £1000s and will be on show for years was the wrong colour

No i don't agree at all, the OP wanted black not blue to give as a gift. He's not happy with blue which imo he has every right not to be happy with, as he didn't order blue end of.

RossD89

Asus in question = £100New car £219.99

Don't forget 4% TCB
So eBuyer made a mistake and sent the wrong colour. They did offer to replace with the correct colour and 10 days to do so doesn't seem unreasonable when they have to receive the return, check it out and then ship a replacement via your chosen 5 day delivery choice. I've bought from them over the past 10+ years and have always found them to be a helpful and reputable supplier - not perfect but neither am I.
ZedEx

You got blue but at a discounted price though? I would just buy a black … You got blue but at a discounted price though? I would just buy a black case for £5-£10, you have still saved, they have the colour they want plus a bonus case X)Im not saying that the OP shouldn't have spoken to their customer service etc to complain but to tell others to never ever buy from ebuyer over this situation is a bit over the top imo.

Yes i know what you're saying, but when he purchased the tablet it was the same price as blue by the looks of it. Yes you can put a case on it, but it's still blue. X)
whatsThePoint

a mistake was made and the op was given the choice to return it for a … a mistake was made and the op was given the choice to return it for a full refund, which they accepted, which was the true end of

I think Ebuyer, as they made the mistake could have dealt with it a lot better & sorted it out a lot faster instead of using their usual snail mail service & at no extra cost to the OP.

Ebuyer have now lost a customer & Amazon/argos have gained one. The real end of.X)
whatsThePoint

if the op requested a slow snail mail service its only fair ebuyer do the … if the op requested a slow snail mail service its only fair ebuyer do the same in sending a replacement, hopefully this will teach the op it doesn't always pay to be stingy with the postage in the future

I disagree if i was buying a gift for someone whos birthday was lets say the 17th of march, why would i pay a premium rate for it to be posted overnight?

Ebuyer made the mistake & if they had wanted to keep him as a customer should have taken the hit & shipped it out as quickly as possible. He would have been happy with that & would have used them again in the future.
Original Poster
OldEnglish

I disagree if i was buying a gift for someone whos birthday was lets say … I disagree if i was buying a gift for someone whos birthday was lets say the 17th of march, why would i pay a premium rate for it to be posted overnight?Ebuyer made the mistake & if they had wanted to keep him as a customer should have taken the hit & shipped it out as quickly as possible. He would have been happy with that & would have used them again in the future.

So if I paid more for shipping it would have been the correct colour? Isn't the point of HUKD to save money? I can't say I plan on cases where the item would be incorrect. Next time I'll order more than 3 weeks in advance.
dms05

So eBuyer made a mistake and sent the wrong colour. They did offer to … So eBuyer made a mistake and sent the wrong colour. They did offer to replace with the correct colour and 10 days to do so doesn't seem unreasonable when they have to receive the return, check it out and then ship a replacement via your chosen 5 day delivery choice. I've bought from them over the past 10+ years and have always found them to be a helpful and reputable supplier - not perfect but neither am I.

When I phoned to discuss a replacement they informed me that they … When I phoned to discuss a replacement they informed me that they couldn't say for certain the right colour would be sent out, and that it could take up to 10 days to organise a return?

They didn't.
Is it trendy to hate on eBuyer atm or something!?!

Never understood it as always been great for me and they hardly got to be one of the top computer suppliers in the UK from being a load of crap.
i love ebuyer and i have two had problems with wrong orders or faulty parts but they have always been very helpfull and replaced items promptly.

10 day may be a guide line
as 5 days super saver used to be almost next day delivery ( but said 5 days to cover any delay)

saying that they don't always work out cheaper option now for items under £50 as even super saver option is expensive on lower price products but i still order from them as there service is amazing.
dontasciime

Op you're wasting your time on here mate. People have posted scenarios on … Op you're wasting your time on here mate. People have posted scenarios on here far more serious than this and have been instantly dismissed without solicitude from the misc mass who believe they are especial in the world, where when it's happened to someone else it's fine but when it happens to them it's and absolute outrage.

Soooooo true.

People are always quick to moan at an OP, but when these members have an issue themselves, they expect some sort of special treatment or happen to always think they are in the right.

Basically as long as the problem happens to someone else, they don't care and will blame the OP. When they have an issue themselves, they experience 'real tears'. (_;)
The key issue for me is that they can't guarantee your replacement item will even be in the colour you ordered even though they have them for sale on their website, totally nuts customer service.

The time delay of ten days for a full turnaround for me would not be over the top and totally acceptable, however them admitting that they are not sure what colour you will receive is outrageous to say the least.

There would be no point in getting a replacement as you may be no further forward. Call them back, tell them to organise a RMA and explain to them that they are breaking the law by advertising black ones on their site if they have no black ones in stock. If they reply that they do have black ones in stock then tell them you want a black one as ordered in the first place.

Or better still, just RMA it for a full refund and naff them off altogether. I hate companies who get too big for their boots.
Original Poster
InfernoGroup

The key issue for me is that they can't guarantee your replacement item … The key issue for me is that they can't guarantee your replacement item will even be in the colour you ordered even though they have them for sale on their website, totally nuts customer service.The time delay of ten days for a full turnaround for me would not be over the top and totally acceptable, however them admitting that they are not sure what colour you will receive is outrageous to say the least.There would be no point in getting a replacement as you may be no further forward. Call them back, tell them to organise a RMA and explain to them that they are breaking the law by advertising black ones on their site if they have no black ones in stock. If they reply that they do have black ones in stock then tell them you want a black one as ordered in the first place.Or better still, just RMA it for a full refund and naff them off altogether. I hate companies who get too big for their boots.

Thanks, in the end I did go for the refund as they couldn't ensure the replacement would be black/grey. That and advising I get a refund and order again at a higher price to receive sooner was a bit crazy. Either way I could be in the same position down the line so a refund was the best option. Granted I still need to wait for the refund as well so right now I'm out of pocket.

Either way I appreciate everyone's comments good and bad. It's not a matter of am I right or wrong, it's about whether or not consumers should accept what is given rather than what was rightfully ordered.

I picked up the one I was after from Argos on the way home. Before I left the store I made sure that it was the right colour. I may have paid more in the end, but I can't wait a further 10 days in hope that the next one might be correct from Ebuyer. Knowing it was them who made the mistake you would think they would have done more to help.

Oh well, sorted.

Thanks again.
If it was on an offer then I assume they ran out of black, what is more important to you getting a bargain or getting a particular colour?

what a bizarre post, why get so upset over a colour when the thing turned up in good order and works.
looking on ebuyer they only have that model in green, pink and blue, guess you would have preferred to be sent an order cancellation email, do the T&C speak of substitution?
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 7th Mar 2014
Original Poster
Error440

If it was on an offer then I assume they ran out of black, what is more … If it was on an offer then I assume they ran out of black, what is more important to you getting a bargain or getting a particular colour?what a bizarre post, why get so upset over a colour when the thing turned up in good order and works.

It was on offer as the deal of the day. If you go to their site they show black in stock. If colour didn't matter why do people make other colours? why is there a choice? lets all be sheep. Baaa!!

your post is bizarre!
No they don't sell it in black I've just looked at the site, they sell it in green, pink and blue.
Ellie Phant

Maybe you should have put " I will not buy from Ebuyer.....Ever!" instead … Maybe you should have put " I will not buy from Ebuyer.....Ever!" instead of telling others not to.I for one will continue doing so.. and that my purchases from them where based on there fab reviews.http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.ebuyer.comYou had a bad experience with the company.... end of.

I wouldnt go with them, only if there were £20+ cheaper
I never use ebuyer any more and they used to be the only place I shopped, I actively despise them.
Original Poster
Error440

No they don't sell it in black I've just looked at the site, they sell it … No they don't sell it in black I've just looked at the site, they sell it in green, pink and blue.

I'm glad they updated the site finally. I made sure I grabbed a screnshot earlier. I know others have seen it listed as black.
Well that must have been a mistake because they don't make a black one, they make gray, white, blue, pink and green.

anyway the fact the remains would you prefer them to cancel a special offer item or send you an alternative colour you can easily send back for a refund?
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 7th Mar 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants